• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lee Perfect Powder Measure

The Goose

NES Member
I recently picked up a Lee Perfect Powder measure and I like it a lot. I load handgun on a Dillon 550, but for my .45-70 and .38-55 I use a single stage press. I had been weighing each charge, but found it a bit tedious. Rough measure then a trickler, very slow. So for $20 I picked up the Lee measure. I am amazed at how consistently accurate it is. I now measure every fifth charge and it is always dead on. Granted I have only loaded a few hundred rounds at this point so I don't know how it will hold up long term.

Lee powder measure

Yes, you are correct! I just bought one of these and am very satisfied of the performance of it, being so relativley inexpensive.

I have one that i got with my Anniversary Kit. Although it is VERY accurate when loading handgun loads it is a PITA as the markings on the Thimble dont help much with low charges..I usually just dump a charge and weigh until I get to the charge I want..

Once that is accomplished you are absolutely right. I weight every 5th charge as well and never have to touch anything.

I have one too, and it is very accurate! I have had mine for a couple of years, and it still works great!

I have one that i got with my Anniversary Kit. Although it is VERY accurate when loading handgun loads it is a PITA as the markings on the Thimble dont help much with low charges..I usually just dump a charge and weigh until I get to the charge I want..

Once that is accomplished you are absolutely right. I weight every 5th charge as well and never have to touch anything.

x2 on everything you said!

I keep measuring all my 14 pistol and rifle kalipers from .22Hornet to 9,3 with Lee Perfect. It has been "perfect" allready maybe 30years.
I make only the first weighting and start to measuring with no checking "all day long". [grin]
PS yesterday I was shootin with my T/C Contender 9mm Luger and T/C G2 .357 Rem Max under MOA-groups at 100 meters with cheap copperplated rezized cast bullets. (Sorry my language. It is "Finnenglish").

I've got one and it works great, but H110 seems to leak a little, and makes the action feel gritty. I've tried adjusting the tension, but it still happens.

Back
Top Bottom