Lee FCD VS. Roll crimping

I have a 1000 rounds of 41mag that I reloaded for my 4 inch 657 and used about 700 of them so far..

The brass was brand new and were rolled crimped using 210gr Berrys and 210gr cast and were filled with 7grs of Unique which is a very mild accurate load..

They all shot perfect and I don't thing I really want to change any thing.

Yet I was wonderig if repeated roll crimping damages brass more than the Lee FCD would. The 41mag brass is very hard to find and costly.

I use a Lee FCD on my 45acp loads for both my 625 revolver and semi's. So I was wondering if using the Lee FCD on the 41mag would prolong the life of the brass or should I just keep roll crimping it?

Last edited:
I would just keep on with your roll crimp if that is working for you. I assume you are using these in a revolver correct? One of the benefits of the FCD is that it resizes the entire case one last time. That is a good benefit in auto's, where reliable feeding is an issue.

But, I say if what you are doing now is working for you, keep it up, and I wouldn't worry about the longevity of the brass. With the light load you are using, that brass should last you a LONG, LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom