Lee factory crimp die 9mm?

I got a bunch of factory crimp dies including the 9mm version. I just recently made up a batch of 50 and used the LFCD and got to thinking. Isnt 9mm taper crimp only for auto pistols like glock,m&p , ect..
I am worried I made a batch of bullets 8should not load into my m&p shield or 9C. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Jim

I got a bunch of factory crimp dies including the 9mm version. I just recently made up a batch of 50 and used the LFCD and got to thinking. Isnt 9mm taper crimp only for auto pistols like glock,m&p , ect..
I am worried I made a batch of bullets 8should not load into my m&p shield or 9C. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Jim
Why would it be an issue? As long as the mouth still catches on the chamber when you drop one in it should be fine

Thanks,
Jim

Maybe I’m just tired but I’m not sure what your question/concern is?...

These are two great articles on crimping:
http://www.massreloading.com/Handgun_Cartridge_Crimping.html
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=78873.0

Thanks,
Jim

Your M&P Shield IS a semi-auto - whats your concern?

Ok, havnt been reloading for 15 years. I am Wanting to make sure I am safe in what I am reloading/doing. Not assuming I know all when I dont. I am asking for knowledge of reloading I dont have and willing to absorb and pass on to other to enjoy the hobby and 2nd ammendment rights. Thats all.Thanks.

Sorry, I dont presume to know all about reloading and there is much to learn. I was hoping to come here and make sure what I was doing was correct. I watch alot of videos and read a lot of books, but it is all not always so clear and if you dont know someone else who is reloading to bounce off questions too. Thank you. Jim

Last edited:
From An Ad for Lee Crimp Dyes ..."Built to last, Lee dies deliver improved reloading with less hassle and consistency that improves accuracy. Lee Pistol Crimp Dies make it impossible to buckle the case as with regular roll crimp dies. Even bullets which have no cannelure will shoot more accurately if crimped with this die. Makes powder selection less critical. The carbide sizer, which was made to fit most popular pistol calibers, sizes the cartridge while it’s being crimped, so every round will positively chamber freely with factory-like dependability. Adjusting screw easily sets the desired amount of crimp. Crimper cannot be misadjusted to make a case mouth too small for proper head-space. Revolver dies put on a roll crimp and Pistol dies put on a taper crimp."

Attachments

• crimp_chart.pdf
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The 9MM Lee Factory Crimp Die produces a taper crimp. I've used it for loading thousands of rounds for three different 9mm autos that I own.

Yes the Lee 9mm FCD applies a taper crimp NOT a roll crimp. I used to use the 9mm FCD for a long time but now I just use the lee taper crimp die. The FCD has a sizing ring that basically irons out any bulges in the case etc. I didn’t like that - especially with lead bullets so I switched to the regular lee taper crimp die that doesn’t have a sizing ring.

i use one myself. there was some chatter here about the the lee tc maybe a year ago so i picked one up. i'm happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom