• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

lbs of lead per 5 gal of range scrap?

Grab some rotometals superhard
5lbs of super hard ($24) and 20 lbs of pure gives you 25 lbs of 6%

Yeah. Possible option for starters. Trying to skinflint this as the dripper would consume a lot of lead at an ounce+ per load.
Trap shooters🤷

Yeah. Possible option for starters. Trying to skinflint this as the dripper would consume a lot of lead at an ounce+ per load.
Trap shooters🤷
I run wheel weight scrap in my shot maker. Heck im not even sure whats in most of my lead. I did have some batches tested and sorted that out of my normal plinking crap.
Heck I have run soft through the 38spl and 45 acp.
I have not made shot in years .
Since dropping out of active ATA.
I have enough shot made up to last a good while.

I run wheel weight scrap in my shot maker. Heck im not even sure whats in most of my lead. I did have some batches tested and sorted that out of my normal plinking crap.
Heck I have run soft through the 38spl and 45 acp.
I have not made shot in years .
Since dropping out of active ATA.
I have enough shot made up to last a good while.
Yes. This is not my thing per se.
I'm helping a buddy that's heavy into trap shooting. Reloads his own shells. But he's been finding 7-1/2 shot hard to find firstly and secondly getting pricey. He's going to try making his own shot. I can supply lead but it's supposed to be "hard". The number is supposed to be 6% antimony for that. Although manufacturers won't give anything more than "hard" for a description.
I cast 9mm for pistol out of the soft lead and coat it with no issues. Also .308 for 300BLK subsonic.

Yes. This is not my thing per se.
I'm helping a buddy that's heavy into trap shooting. Reloads his own shells. But he's been finding 7-1/2 shot hard to find firstly and secondly getting pricey. He's going to try making his own shot. I can supply lead but it's supposed to be "hard". The number is supposed to be 6% antimony for that. Although manufacturers won't give anything more than "hard" for a description.
I cast 9mm for pistol out of the soft lead and coat it with no issues. Also .308 for 300BLK subsonic.
What is he running for a shot maker.
From all that I understand adding Antimony is not easy at the DIY level. I started making my own ( james stewart shot maker) back in 2005-06 when lead shot was hard to get and went from $18 to $60
Last time I actually seen a bag of shot it was $75 bag.
If hes shooting enough trap maybe he should split a pallet with someone. Making shot in quantity is very time consuming

FWIW- when lead COWW dried up many of us started group buying reclaimed lead. RotoMetals usually
Had the best deals. We grabbed the reclaimed shot. Heck its not much more mow than it was back in 2012 when the guys I know got a delivery. At $1.60lb shipped worth to pick up even for bullet casting.???

Back
Top Bottom