LaRocca Gun Works - Worcester, MA

Oh you'll get them. I'm going next door to the cat lady to take pic's of the M4 with like 13 cats all around.......seems like people here just love cat/gun pictures.

Gunsmith LaRocca in Worcester did well with my firearm

I needed help removing the front sight on my 10/22 so I could install tech sights. I brought my rifle to LaRocca's in downtown Worcester and he went to work on it right away. Within a couple minutes he removed the front sight and at a reasonable price too.

http://www.laroccagunworks.com/

I thought this was interesting.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20150308/NEWS/303089614/1116

Michael A. LaRocca, owner of LaRocca Gun Works in Worcester, a member of Worcester County Friends of the National Rifle Association and retired Brookfield police officer, said he doesn't think stun guns should be banned.

Then again, Mr. LaRocca doesn't think the right to bear stun guns falls under Second Amendment protection either.

"I don't think the Founding Fathers were thinking about stun guns. They were thinking about feeding their family for the upcoming winter," Mr. LaRocca said. "The fact that some people use stun guns inappropriately as they were intended causes the legislation to ban stun guns. That's like saying we should ban golf clubs because someone bludgeoned someone with a golf club. Anything used for its unintended purpose can be an abuse. How far do we regulate everything that someone has?"

I strongly disagree with this statement. The 2nd amendment was not about putting food on the table. Most people hunted in one way or another back then for food. The second amendment was about being able to protect ourselves from other people both foreign and domestic.

"They were thinking about feeding their family for the upcoming winter," Mr. LaRocca said -- Negative buddy. I actually don't know how I feel about the stun gun issue. Does it fall under 2A or should it be treated like pepper spray. Does the right to bear arms only apply to lethal force devices (ie gun) or can it apply to less than lethal devices (stunners and nasal decongestants). I lean towards it being a personal protection device and probably should be covered.

Also from dealings with Mike he seems more intelligent than this... I really hope there is more to this quote that has been creatively left out.

I've known Mike casually for 30 years. Have done business with him. Truth of the matter back in the day most of the colonists and early Americans were preoccupied with hunting and feeding their families. Subsistence was the name of the game and more guns were used to kill game than were ever used to kill British soldiers, Native Ameticans or scofflaws. The 2A is not about duck hunting but the statement in and of itself is accurate. Most kept guns as tools to harvest food for the table.

taking a barrel in to have a compensator pinned and or welded today. anyone have this done by him? the compensator I have already has a hole in it and comes with a pin, but he told me they 'do it differently'...not really sure what that means.

I have heard he does excellent work but is very slow and does not answer the phone. He has been there for ever so he must be doing something right.

Back
Top Bottom