• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LaPierre, Longtime N.R.A. Leader, Faces Trial That Could End His Reign

Not a fan of James, but this approach isn't wrong:

Ms. James seeks to use her regulatory authority over nonprofit groups to impose a range of financial penalties against the defendants and to remove Mr. LaPierre; any money recovered would flow back to the N.R.A.

No other gun rights group will ever have the influence or political clout of the NRA.

Now that has been neutered.

The anti’s got to turn pro gun people against the biggest safety net gun owners had.

Those who quit the NRA fell into their trap.

Not saying LaPierre acted honorably and he should resign but for pro gun people to bail is exactly what the antis needed to take down the NRA.

And because of it we all lose.

Solidarity is what was needed and the house cleaning should have been handled internally.

Any pro2A person who thinks this is a good thing is sadly mistaken.

When it became apparent this was never going to happen, then what? Wait for LaPierre to die of natural causes but not before installing a replacement?
You do what it takes to keep the jackals away from our business.

Write it off as a loss and put in tighter financial controls.

And those of you siding with Ms. James in this fight….

I encourage you to read the whole article.

Pay attention to the part where she tried to shut the NRA down completely only to be stopped by the judge.

If those suffering from NRADS would be kind enough to post up all their rehashed NRA bashing stories today we could get this all out of our systems today. Hopefully we can then move onto things like why the majority of gun owners do not support ANY 2A rights organizations and coming together to realize that the 2024 elections will determine whether we even have a second amendment or a Constitution for that matter.

Asking for a friend.

Thanks

GOME - Life Member
GOAL - member + donate 4x a year
Comm2A - donate 4x a year
GOA - Member + donate 4x a year
FPC - Member + donate 4x a year

I have zero problem supporting organizations that support my rights, and the NRA can win back my money at any time, just waiting for them to do the right thing.

No other gun rights group will ever have the influence or political clout of the NRA.

Now that has been neutered.

The anti’s got to turn pro gun people against the biggest safety net gun owners had.

Those who quit the NRA fell into their trap.

Damn, maybe you are right! But only if LaPierre was an 'Anti' plant who was installed to destroy the NRA. Mission accomplished, Wayno- I fell right into your trap!

It's pretty damn sad that an enemy AG would do less damage than Mr. Bankruptcy has done. I'd gladly throw money at the NRA if they would only 1) clean house of corrupt and ineffective leadership and 2) take the lead in pro 2A legal fighting as the smaller organizations now do (GOA, Comm 2A, GOAL, etc.). Red state pandering and grandstanding is not fighting.

8b5t94.jpg

Letica James is a piece of human waste! Same A hole who who went after Donald Trump and the NRA as a whole! I am in no way a fan. of Lapierre in any way and he needs to go but don't fall for this useless bitch ultimate plan!! When Donald gets back in she will be history. Nothing but lies and deceit like all Democrats! Wake up folks!

If the NRA dumps the sleaze king and continues to clean house it could regain much support and the resulting influence that comes with. We're already divided, and the NRA leadership is very much responsible.
And if they actually did something for their members. They are stuck in the old and have no direction. There are much better organizations out there.

And if they actually did something for their members. They are stuck in the old and have no direction. There are much better organizations out there.
all their money, and I have to apologize to my students every class about how badly written the tests are, then give a timeshare speech about continuing training with the "gold standard" in the industry.

go to guidetar.org, search for the NRAs IRS form 990. Look at the salarys. Wayne makes well over $1 MILLION per year. Many others make well over $500,000 per year. That is simply unacceptable for a non profit. This is not about weather or not Letica James is anti gun. This is about grift and corruption. Non profit leaders need not take a vow of poverty. But they should not earn lavish salaries and perks. Why does wayne fly private jets and not commercial? Why does the head of a gun org need private armed security? He runs a gun org, he should carry a gun and protect himself.

The NRA has abused their donors. What has happened is an outrage. See:

NRA in Danger

go to guidetar.org, search for the NRAs IRS form 990. Look at the salarys. Wayne makes well over $1 MILLION per year. Many others make well over $500,000 per year. That is simply unacceptable for a non profit. This is not about weather or not Letica James is anti gun. This is about grift and corruption. Non profit leaders need not take a vow of poverty. But they should not earn lavish salaries and perks. Why does wayne fly private jets and not commercial? Why does the head of a gun org need private armed security? He runs a gun org, he should carry a gun and protect himself.

NRA in Danger
An unsigned internet blog with no names linked to it just NRA bashing.

It looks legit.....

To everyone whining about gun owners being divided over old Wayne and the state of the NRA here in 2024 (we can all ignore them selling us out over the decades for purposes of this exercise) and saying that we all have to support them, why don't you join the rest of us in opposing Wayne and demanding that the NRA clean up its act? Why divide us?

An unsigned internet blog with no names linked to it just NRA bashing.

It looks legit.....
there are plenty of links to NY court filings, both from the NRA and the NY attorney general. Statments by former directors are also linked. These problems at NRA are self created. Dont shoot the messanger. And read the IRS Form 990s official documents that show the excessive salaries.

When it became apparent this was never going to happen, then what? Wait for LaPierre to die of natural causes but not before installing a replacement?

I’d rejoin the NRA today for 100 bucks if Wayne quit. Until then, not one dirty nickel is heading to them.

I have zero problem supporting organizations that support my rights, and the NRA can win back my money at any time, just waiting for them to do the right thing.
This, This and This! Wayne may have been a force for good at one time long ago, but now he is the problem and he is NOT going away on his own until they carry him out in a box. And remember, Wayne is not only Wayne. The people on the board who are keeping Wayne in power despite Wayne's insanity have got to go too.

I quit the NRA and now I donate to every other pro-2A organization I can find that is working hard on our behalf. I will donate to the NRA again once Wayne and his people are all gone... every last one of them.

Yes, Letitia James is pure leftist, racist, Soros-supported anti-2A scum and I hope she rots in Hell someday. But you know what they say: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and this is a perfect example of that. If this is the only way we ever get rid of Wayne in my remaining lifetime, so be it. It is the only chance we'll ever get to rid ourselves of Wayne and get the NRA back on track again! How wonderful that would be!

Divided we fall……
It's called return on investment. Members of this board have a finite amount of discretionary money to spend (at least I do). If FPC, GOAL, Comm2a give me the best return on my money, why would I invest my hard earned cash in a organization (NRA) that is more concerned with lining their pockets than defending my rights?

The NRA was the standard bearer for 2A rights 30 years ago. Not any more.
These other organizations are running rings around the NRA.

NRA in Danger

For the NRA (and fellow travelers) - Non-profit is a tax status, not a business model [wink]

How can so many people be on the same side on this, and Wayne just doesn't go.

Does he not realize he's single handedly sinking the organization?

Sidenote, I have a photo of one NES member shaking hands with Wayne at an event, but it before things got quite so bad.

Back
Top Bottom