• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

L.A.’s Arms Race of the Affluent

Looks like the commies don't like that "cultural enrichment" their shoving down everyone's throat;

"In Beverly Hills, even the purchase of a firearm comes with certain…expectations. The city’s only gun store, Beverly Hills Guns, is a “concierge service” by appointment only, for a largely affluent clientele. And business is booming."

“Beverly Hills is definitely a target,” says security expert David Perez, CEO of Omega International Group and a former Marine who previously worked security in the Clinton White House and at the Pentagon. “We’re telling clients, ‘Hey, don’t go out with flashy jewelry. Try to keep a lower profile. Instead of driving the Bentley, maybe just take the SUV. “

In Beverly Hills, the craving for additional security dates to the riot that followed an otherwise peaceful BLACK LIVES MATTER protest in May 2020, with unprecedented looting along Rodeo Drive that left broken boutique windows beneath beloved luxury brands: Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Michael Kors, MCM, Ermenegildo Zegna.

Don't go out with jewelry. You know what other countries do that, 3rd world corrupt shit holes.
Cali is winning.
First thing I thought of.
I know a gal from Bogota.
She explained the rules to me.
No jewelry in public , shit rats even carry garden shears to snip off fingers to get rings faster.
Even if you got money , drive a shit box . it lessens the likely hood of being carjacked and or held for ransom.
No less that six people it your going to the bus stop and things like that .
The gangs pay off the cops to control intersections. Stop at a light at your own peril.
No one is coming to help you.

No jewelry in public , shit rats even carry garden shears to snip off fingers to get rings faster.
Even if you got money , drive a shit box . it lessens the likely hood of being carjacked and or held for ransom.
The gangs pay off the cops to control intersections. Stop at a light at your own peril.
That is the rule in every LATAM country.
My uncle owns a hospital, several homes in Argentina and apartments in Miami... he has to drive a Toyota Corolla.

I remember something a priest told me back in the 70s, he was a priest in the Bronx and he said he had 2 wallets, 1 had all his important stuff and the 2nd had 3 dollars and some green stamps. The 2nd wallet was the one he carried in the neighborhood because he knew he was going to get robbed constantly and if you had nothing on you , the bad guys would think you were holding out on them but by having a wallet with what a poor person would have on them they would just grab the cash and not beat you up.
It sure looks like we're going back to the old days.

Scratch that off my bucket list then. 😉

That's why you carry a sub machinegun.

I remember something a priest told me back in the 70s, he was a priest in the Bronx and he said he had 2 wallets, 1 had all his important stuff and the 2nd had 3 dollars and some green stamps. The 2nd wallet was the one he carried in the neighborhood because he knew he was going to get robbed constantly and if you had nothing on you , the bad guys would think you were holding out on them but by having a wallet with what a poor person would have on them they would just grab the cash and not beat you up.
It sure looks like we're going back to the old days.
A cop told me a long time ago to always carry a spare cheap money clip with a $20 on the outside and some ones or green paper underneath it. He said that if you got confronted by a mugger pull the money Clip put and show the mugger and toss it past him and then run the other way. I don’t know how great that advice is. Today someone may be after you just because they’re deranged psychopaths who relish in stomping you.

he also told me “don‘t do stupid things with stupid people at stupid times in stupid places.” Unfortunately today most American cities qualify as stupid places at any given time of day.

A cop told me a long time ago to always carry a spare cheap money clip with a $20 on the outside and some ones or green paper underneath it. He said that if you got confronted by a mugger pull the money Clip put and show the mugger and toss it past him and then run the other way. I don’t know how great that advice is. Today someone may be after you just because they’re deranged psychopaths who relish in stomping you.

he also told me “don‘t do stupid things with stupid people at stupid times in stupid places.” Unfortunately today most American cities qualify as stupid places at any given time of day.
I feel like there might be something else I could carry besides a decoy money clip to deal with the threat of being mugged...

I thought dropping a bait wallet/money clip was a distraction lure technique. If the bad guy has a knife, drop and run. If bad guy has a gun on you and you happened to be armed but wasn't fast enough on the draw, drop that bait wallet and the moment he's dumb enough to turn away and not point his gun at you anymore and examine the free award, you ventilate his ass.

They do when their movies tank and they have trouble getting steady work.
That gets alot of the Hollywood anointed into trouble.

Even with a paid off mortgage there will always be the tax bill.

I thought dropping a bait wallet/money clip was a distraction lure technique. If the bad guy has a knife, drop and run. If bad guy has a gun on you and you happened to be armed but wasn't fast enough on the draw, drop that bait wallet and the moment he's dumb enough to turn away and not point his gun at you anymore and examine the free award, you ventilate his ass.
I heard that, too. I was 16 and was working a part-time job in the city when I got that advice from the officer, so, I think he was giving me some advice on buying time to run.

Back
Top Bottom