• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kydex for Revolver?

US1000

NES Member
Anyone know where I can get a great quality kydex holster for a revolver? Picked this n-frame up.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpeg
    IMG_1070.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
For an N frame you are probably going to want a holster with more than one attachment point or it's going to move around on you. Before I started making my own Kydex holsters, the one that made my N frame snub feel like it disappeared was the Comp Tac CTAC. However, it looks like they've long since stopped making holsters for any S&W other than the M&P series.

You can email Tony at JM custom kydex and ask. I don't think I remember seeing n frame revolvers on thier list but it can't hurt to ask. I've emailed him before a few times for custom made holsters and he's always been quick to reply and helpful.

For an N frame you are probably going to want a holster with more than one attachment point or it's going to move around on you. Before I started making my own Kydex holsters, the one that made my N frame snub feel like it disappeared was the Comp Tac CTAC. However, it looks like they've long since stopped making holsters for any S&W other than the M&P series.
Thanks. To you would it make a difference this mode is like 23 oz?

I own the S&W 327 Performance Center 8 shot revolver too. Amazing gun; hard to find. For a kydex IWB holster custom made for this model, check out Kaos Concealment. They have the Guardian holster which can be ordered to fit the 327 PC exactly. The holster took somewhere around 2 months to arrive but it’s nicely crafted. Also had a Kydex holster for this model made by Dale Fricke Holsters — the Archangel model. Dale does high quality work as well. Finally, I had a very nice cross draw OWB holster made in leather for this revolver by Andrews Leather in St. Augustine Florida — the Carjacker model. Another long lead time item, but beautifully made and surprisingly comfortable to carry with it, Enjoy the new acquisition.

Thx. D&L had three. I was surprised. I’ve seen the video on Kaos but was concerned w/ retention. Is it adjustable? Do you notice wear on the gun from kydex?

The Kaos does not really have screws positioned in a way which adjusts the retention. One set only holds the belt clip to the outside of the holster and adjusts the cant. The other set holds the claw, which is far enough over that the retention does not change much at all. But that being said, the standard retention is really spot on, and holds the revolver safely while allowing a smooth draw. I honestly don’t carry this revolver on a regular basis, but I have not noticed any wear from the holster. When I do carry, it is comfortable; the short barrel makes it possible to appendix carry pretty well.

If you want fully adjustable retention, the Dale Fricke Archangel does offer that. No claw, but fits and conceals nicely.

Good luck with your search.

Back
Top Bottom