Kudos to LenS

wheelgun

NES Member
Just ran across the discussion LenS had with a guy on ar15.com last week about "pre-ban" mags in Massachusetts. Link:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=26&t=347342

I have to say he was very patient and polite (as usual) with the guy, which is far more than he deserved. [frown]

Just wanted to let you know LenS that there ARE many people out there who appreciate your wise advice on all these forums [smile]

I see the same from time to time reading through glocktalk. As I am fuming at this mis information being spewed, I usually eventually come to a post by len setting the record straight.

I hope that guy 1) has already been banned here or 2) never finds NES. Of course, if 2) happens, then I expect 1) to follow quickly.

Thanks guys! I try to just address the technical issues and not get into the emotions (although in the past I did fall off that wagon more than a few times here on NES). I'm not as active on other forums as I used to be and I'm a bit more reluctant to post responses to legal stuff here now that we have the overlords and "red phone" watching every word I write.

I hope that guy 1) has already been banned here or 2) never finds NES. Of course, if 2) happens, then I expect 1) to follow quickly.

From some of the vitriol that he spewed, he is at least a lurker here on NES, otherwise he wouldn't have known some of the things that he posted. [thinking]

LenS is always a great source for info he is polite and well informed. Not to mention a fellow noble gonna were your fez at the willmington show?

Wow, good job keeping it cool Len.

Too bad the guy had to go nutty instead of being more clear in stating that he did not want to cheat the law but that we have no way of knowing if a person sells a new mag that has been tampered with to appear as pre ban.

I dont know what his problem was with Carl. I have always had good interactions with Carl and the guys at his shop. It is a shame when people like that get their panties in a bunch and start trashing the local stores.

Again, go0od going to Len for not letting the guy sink him to that guys level.

Frizz

And that guy had over 3700 posts?!? His point that it can be hard to tell the difference, while tired and obvious, wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't gone all apesh*t for some reason when Len pointed out the law.

There's a reason I mostly stay here on NES...

Good Job Len!

The other guy brings to mind a quote by Abraham Lincoln:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I'm here at NES because of LenS's posts in the New England section of AR15.com. Everytime I had a something I needed to know here in MA, Len had already answered it there. He gave a link to here sometime and here I am.

I'm not going to check that thread at AR15 - too much noise on there and it gives me headaches...

Joe R.

LenS is always a great source for info he is polite and well informed. Not to mention a fellow noble gonna were your fez at the willmington show?

Now you're making me blush! [wink]

Won't be at Wilmington as GOAL wasn't given a table and I had no other good reason to make the long drive.

And that guy had over 3700 posts?!? His point that it can be hard to tell the difference, while tired and obvious, wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't gone all apesh*t for some reason when Len pointed out the law.

There's a reason I mostly stay here on NES...

The history of NES is that Derek started this forum because he was fed up with that sort of stuff happening on ARfcom!

A comment by that guy makes me think that I know who it is and if I am right, he is one very nasty individual.

I say we invite him to join NES.[devil]
Then invite him to a member's shoot.[devil2]
Then...[jihad][jihad][jihad]

Not to date myself, but I have been following Lens advice since the old MAF mailing list days.

This asshat needs a 6 and 2/3.

Gotta love those people with a cursory understanding of the law and a child like lack of fear of prosecution. [shocked]

Nice of you to attempt to educate him LenS

I also saw that post over at AR15.com (same user name)

Thanks to LenS for his wealth of knowledge, as well as his ability to keep it polite and well mannerly with his great internet-forum-speaking-skills.

Back
Top Bottom