krebs custom AK

I've read nothing but praise for Krebs in other forums.

Is that rifle legal in MA?

Somewhat bad news... not in its present configuration. The muzzle brake needs
to be permently attached. Good news is that probably shouldn't be a problem. If you ordered it, you could have Krebs permently attach it for you (I'm assuming they would do this for a very slight fee).

I don't know if the rifle comes with a 30 round mag included or not. If it does, it would have to be a pre-ban mag. Otherwise, just instruct them to omit it.

could i get the muzzle brake soldered on? to me that seemed to be the only thing i could see not makign it mass legal...and the mags of course...i was thinking if i had it transfered through zero hour arms...they have a machine shop and could fix that brake right on there

blood hound said:
could i get the muzzle brake soldered on? to me that seemed to be the only thing i could see not makign it mass legal...and the mags of course...i was thinking if i had it transfered through zero hour arms...they have a machine shop and could fix that brake right on there

According to the ATF (when 94 AWB was still in effect)...

"A muzzle device, such as a muzzle brake or barrel extension, which
is attached to a barrel by means of welding or high temperature
silver solder having a melting point of at least 1,100 degrees
Fahrenheit, is considered to be part of the barrel for purposes of
measurement. A seam weld extending at least one-half the
circumference of the barrel or four equidistant tack welds around
the circumference of the barrel are adequate for this purpose."

Blind pinning and having the pin welded over is also acceptable (I belive this is how Bushmaster does it with post-ban style ARs with a muzzle brake attached).

I'd avoid the welding option if at all possible... silver soldering or blind pinning looks much cleaner.
If done properly, you'd never know the "fix" was there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom