KNS Anti-rotation trigger/hammer pins

Frankly I wouldn't bother with them unless you have an NFA registered lower/MG setup. (EG, where the goal is to protect an obnoxiously expensive lower receiver).

-Mike

Anybody use them or think they are really necessary? Just another $30 of parts to throw on a rifle to show you only used the "best" stuff?

I had bad luck with them. After about 20,000 rounds (you gotta love those 22LR Uppers) my Accuracy Speaks trigger developed some creep. Disassembly revealed that the KNS pins were badly worn which made for inconsistent hammer sear engagement and creep. I fixed the problem with a set of similar pins from JP. They were a deal at less than $10 (dealer) from Brownells.

I had bad luck with them. After about 20,000 rounds (you gotta love those 22LR Uppers) my Accuracy Speaks trigger developed some creep. Disassembly revealed that the KNS pins were badly worn which made for inconsistent hammer sear engagement and creep. I fixed the problem with a set of similar pins from JP. They were a deal at less than $10 (dealer) from Brownells.

I kind of figured that was the point though. You wear the pins out instead of the lower.

My thought was starting to gravitate towards Mike's opinion.

I just see them on AR15.com builds a lot and it got me thinking.

I kind of figured that was the point though. You wear the pins out instead of the lower.

My thought was starting to gravitate towards Mike's opinion.

I just see them on AR15.com builds a lot and it got me thinking.

The pins wore out because they were inferior. The JP pins have done the same job for me for a lot less money, and I will continue to use them to protect my lower. I consider these after market pins to be necesary; you just have to choose the right MFR. JP has served me well.

I use them on both of my AR's. I have had the hammer pin walk out before. Its like staking the castle nut, just do! it will prevent a lot of problems in the long run (Had a RE fall off while doing mag dumps on a 9mm FA AR)

-DM-

Back
Top Bottom