• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery vs Cabellas

I'm thinking of getting a single stage Lee Press and some 308 dies and projectiles. Does anyone have a recomendation for which store has a better selection.

Before I'd buy a Lee Loader I'd save some money and pick up a used MEC 600 Jr. for short money. (Plus, it's a better unit)

I ended up getting a RCBS rockchucker because the Lee presses seemed kind of flimsy. I didn't realize the Cabelas was another 50 minutes north so that made my decision.

I have not been to the Cabela's in ME but both of the other two Cabela's I've been in carry bulk packd of Berry's (250 bullets).

Respectfully,

jkelly

I've seen the 250 count Berrys at the cabela's in Maine along with the 500 count of Rainer. I've also noticed that I can buy the 250 count of Nosler Jacket Hollow points (185 grain) for less then both.

I was at cabellas in Maine last weekend and bought some Berry's 200Gr SWC. They shoot well for me out of my 5" S&W 1911 .

Kittery didnt have Berry's but they had Ranier.. I think Berry's is a little cheaper, but not worth the gas for the extra 40 miles unless you going to get several thousands of rounds. I hear rainer needs a little less powder than the Berry's but have not yet got to cooking up a load for Rainer.

I saw plenty .45, .40 and .38 in handgun (both rainer and Berry's), and 44 in lead... but nothing else.. What are you planning on loading?

Back
Top Bottom