Kind of a dumb question...

OK heres my situation, been a resident of MA all my life, joined the Army and was stationed in Texas (gun laws seem to be a bit more lax down there ha.) now im back and recently bought a Mosin Nagant 91/30. Well i was wondering do i need an FID card in order to take it to the range and have some fun?

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service. I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong but, you need a minimum of a FID card to legally own it in Ma.

alright, thought so, currently i live in RI but the only half decent range i can seem to find is in MA. guess i haven't quite looked hard enough yet.

AFAIK you are cool with it in RI. If you want to shoot in MA I believe you need to be with a properly licensed individual, I think there is an exemption if you are going to a competition, again I will be corrected if wrong.

FYI, AFS never used to check for out of state gun licenses, and I don't think that policy has changed. [wink]

Don't come in to MA without a non-res license Mike. This state has no sense of humor.

Nice rifle, btw, and thanks for your service. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom