Kerosene in MA

Hello All, new here. I'm looking for clear kerosene in New Hampshire, or perhaps southern Vermont - anything available?

Lowes and Home Depot carry those 5 gallon cans - but at $8 / gallon they're too rich for my blood.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jolly

Hess at 788 East Washington Street in North Attleboro has clear K-1. Yesterday (1/28/11) price was $3.29/gal.

On some other forum I found, a guy refering to MA as the PRM thought that Kerosene pretty much doesn't exist in MA because kerosene heaters are illegal. WTF? Is this true?

Do the residents of MA have to drive to a free state to get Kerosene or does anybody know a guy?

Yes, it's true but you can find kerosene in a few places.
All carbon based fuels emit CO2 when burned..proper ventilation is required and most folks do not realize this when using a kerosene heater..they light it go to sleep and never wake up!! One of the first signs of CO2 poisioning is the feeling of be light headed and dizzy..then your cherry red color of your finger nail quicks once it has set in pretty well.

BRASS

Actually that's CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (carbon dioxide) poisoning. The CO bonds to your hemoglobin, preventing the uptake of oxygen.

This is nasty....which is whay CO detectors are mandated in Mass.

Re Speedy's post - google Hess gas stations - there's a way of selecting Kero as a filter, to find which stations have it.

Back
Top Bottom