Kel-Tec SU16

Was comtemplating my next purchase, am leaning towards a SU-16. Only thing is that I only have a FID and the SU-16 can accecpt AR-15 mags. But FID holders can still posses a Mini-14, 10/22, and any Hi-Point carbine, all of which there are high cap mags for them, because they are not on the high cap list.

So under that same reasoning I'm under the impression that I could own a SU-16(With out high cap mags ofcourse) since its not on the high cap roster...

But was wondering if anybody knows any different, or if someone has a more updated high cap roster than the one I have(2\15\02).

That is the latest hi-cap roster.

Read the top of that roster and it should answer your question!

EVERY gun that can take a magazine "has the ability to accept a hi-cap mag"! Ever see the 22 rd mags for a 1911 at gun shows? They make them!

I will warn you however, that some LEOs/chiefs are trying to prosecute people wrt hi-caps JUST BECAUSE the gun can "accept" a hi-cap mag . . . even though the gun is NOT on the hi-cap roster and the possessor did not possess any hi-cap mags. Person I'm referring to did not have a license that would allow him to possess hi-cap guns/mags. So, if you are eligible for a LTC, I HIGHLY recommend you get a LTC-A and avoid potential trouble.

BTW, this has been discussed here before, an Advanced Search in Gun Laws would probably turn it up.

OAR348, did you end up getting a SU-16? If so, may I ask where you got it. I might be interested in one as well.

OAR348, did you end up getting a SU-16? If so, may I ask where you got it. I might be interested in one as well.

Nope, I hope to have a career in LE so I don't want to risk it. That and I'm most likely going to be enlisting in the USCG and moving out of this shithole as soon as I finish spring semester.

Back
Top Bottom