Keith Olbermann Calls For "Economic Civil War" To Institute Gun Control

I have not gone to the trouble of doing the math but at first glance, it seems to be a toss up. Definitely fair to say red states produce much of the food. More accurately, they produce much of the raw food products that end up in your Doritos, Twinkees and the frozen food section of your local grocer.

Note for the idly curious who wonder how that food gets to your plate in a restaurant or dinner table — Without huge annual infusions of cash and credit, farmers can’t buy and plant anywhere near the volume of seed and related stuff needed to produce their current output. Beef, pork and chicken as we know them would all but disappear without the feed inputs.
Government inserts itself into the industry through mostly useless regulations having negative value, then they become the savior by offering loans to help offset the costs of compliance.

As I have mentioned before, these radical Leftist gays like Keith Olbermann are un-hinged people. The hate that they spew is vile and irrational. It goes far beyond the norm and is a clear case of someone who has serious mental health issues that go far beyond their personal and political beliefs.

Government inserts itself into the industry through mostly useless regulations having negative value, then they become the savior by offering loans to help offset the costs of compliance.
No clue what that means in this case. Government spending (mostly driven by car and energy lobbies) tends to distort the agricultural commodity markets. Those distortions usually even out over a 2-3 year crop cycle. With the exception of the small cow/calf producers who still start the pipeline of US beef production and the few organic granola heads in VT, the mythological American farmer no longer exists. It’s big business from seed to your tater-tots. That business owns its senators and Congressmen.

On the plus side, it has produced the safest and most efficient (low cost) food system in the world.

No clue what that means in this case. Government spending (mostly driven by car and energy lobbies) tends to distort the agricultural commodity markets. Those distortions usually even out over a 2-3 year crop cycle. With the exception of the small cow/calf producers who still start the pipeline of US beef production and the few organic granola heads in VT, the mythological American farmer no longer exists. It’s big business from seed to your tater-tots. That business owns its senators and Congressmen.
I agree.
The question is why did that situation become reality?
The answer mostly lies with government over regulation.

As I have mentioned before, these radical Leftist gays like Keith Olbermann are un-hinged people. The hate that they spew is vile and irrational. It goes far beyond the norm and is a clear case of someone who has serious mental health issues that go far beyond their personal and political beliefs.
Completely matched by the unhinged loonies on the far right. Both think and assume they own some sort of moral high ground. Both are wrong and bit nuts.

Completely matched by the unhinged loonies on the far right. Both think and assume they own some sort of moral high ground. Both are wrong and bit nuts.
So, who are the unhinged on the far right you speak of? And what specific hate speech can you point to that would even approach the vile crap coing oyt of the Leftists mouths?

I agree.
The question is why did that situation become reality?
The answer mostly lies with government over regulation.
In the food space, I disagree. Safe and affordable food are on my list of societal “must haves”. Kinda like clean drinking water and clean air. Market forces tend to support efficient outcomes but don‘t consistently drive employee or consumer safety.

In the food space, I disagree. Safe and affordable food are on my list of societal “must haves”. Kinda like clean drinking water and clean air. Market forces tend to support efficient outcomes but don‘t consistently drive employee or consumer safety.
And we have that due to government regulations and standards?

I believe private associations can do a better job now that we have better information availability.

SAAMI is a non-governmental association that has had a pretty good history of keeping the firearms safe.

Well, as a fourth generation farmer, you'd be wrong.
It's just another .gov money laundering,
& keep big .gov employed, scheme. Give farmers subsidies then over regulate farmers to make it cost more to produce. It makes the farmer reliant on the subsidies in order to survive, or sell the farm to big corp, and at the same time keep EPA, FDA, IRS, et al employees working to manage the regulations for farming.

Well, as a fourth generation farmer, you'd be wrong.
It's just another .gov money laundering,
& keep big .gov employed, scheme. Give farmers subsidies then over regulate farmers to make it cost more to produce. It makes the farmer reliant on the subsidies in order to survive, or sell the farm to big corp, and at the same time keep EPA, FDA, IRS, et al employees working to manage the regulations for farming.
How big is your farm? Location? Primary crops or animal products? Im largely referring to big ag and big food that drive the vast majority of the food we all consume.

I don’t disagree in the subsidies (see prior comments on corn and energy lobbies). Dairy also a mess but largely driven by protectionist laws/policies driven by farmer and/or association lobbies.

The thing is, for millions, tens of millions of 'Americans' he's not irrelevant.

What I find crazy is Bill Maher, I think, that has suddenly turned almost libertarian.
I think Maher is a true Blue Liberal and he's pointing out how the Dems have turned into unhinged Leftists with their homo/tranny/anti-free speech ideology.
Trump sent them over the edge because they truly believed the Presidency was Hillary's to continue Barry's reign and they were permanently in charge.
They are angry, hateful anti-American Leftists who view us as the enemy.

On the downside of a lackluster career trying to stay relevant. Time to join the Chris Wallace, Shep Smith, Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Joy Reid, Chris Mathews support group.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom