Karma - Seaward is the winner - The Art of Concealed Carry Course at GOAL 7/16/09

I am a recent member of this forum thanks to a suggestions from GOAL via Jon Green.

What a great resource.

Now I'd like to give back to GOAL and Jon. So this Karma is for people who aren't YET members of GOAL.

I will keep a second list of GOAL members who are interested in case I don't get any non-member takers.

This is my first Karma give away so forgive me if it is hard to follow.

I have an extra spaced reserved for The Art of Concealed Carry course at GOAL tomorrow night from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm. (A friend had to cancel last minute)

The course is held at GOAL in Northboro, MA (Details below).

This is for people who aren't yet members of GOAL (what are you waiting for).

I will pick a winner tonight using a random number generator.

I will meet the winner at GOAL tomorrow night before the class starts.

All the winner has to do is show up with a check for membership made out to GOAL for $30 in hand.

I'll pay for the course. It is normally $120 for non-members and $60 for members.
So for $30 you get a membership and a course that is sold out until November.

Course details.
The Art of Concealed Carry is 4-hour concealed handgun seminar designed for individuals who are currently carrying a concealed firearm or those who are considering firearms for self-defense. This course will be taught by Jon Green, GOAL’s Director of Education and Training and Attorney Darius Arbabi, the author of www.massgunlaw.com. Topics include:
*Lawful use of deadly force and its aftermath
*Concealment methods & other carry options for different environments
*Mace, pepper spray, Kubotan and other less than lethal force tools
*Role playing of deadly force scenarios
*Product overview: guns, holsters, ammunition and other essentials *Training resources and references
* Question and answer period[grin]

Last edited:
Just a suggestion - maybe you want to open your Karma to the public - you may get a better response.

This is a great Karma - We have had this class filled up for a while and Jon has added more classes due to the demand but they fill up with in weeks.

This is very kind of you to do this. I have attended this class and it is well worth it.

Great suggestion.

Is there an easy way to switch it over or should I just cut and paste it in?

Maybe if I take it to the general public I will make joining the forum part of the deal.

Great suggestion.

Is there an easy way to switch it over or should I just cut and paste it in?

Maybe if I take it to the general public I will make joining the forum part of the deal.

PM a mod - they should be able to move it for you.

I will keep a list of GOAL members who aren't interested and if there are no non-member takers I will pull from that list.

One way or another someones going to take the class.

John,

I will add you to the list of GOAL members interested. As of yet I haven't had any response from non GOAL members. Maybe it is too last minute or maybe they just don't realize what they are missing by not taking advantage of this offer and not being a member of GOAL.

If they live in MASS they will surely realize what they are missing if people stop supporting GOAL.

Last edited:
Wow! Incredible Karma. I'm a member too but even if I wasn't I have to watch the kids tomorrow night anyways [crying].

ETA: I've been trying to talk some of the people I work with that are either gun owners or interested in becoming one to join GOAL and NES so thanks for giving me more incentive to push them along. Don't be surprised to see a couple of new members show up in here [smile]

Last edited:
Thanks alot, I appreciate it. I assume this class doesnt require you to bring your own gun right?

No Guns are allowed in this class. You will be checked for carry when you take it. If you are, I believe you will have to unload and leave it in your car.

Maybe Darius or Jon will pop in...

But no, you don't need any firearms for this class. It's a great class, you will learn a lot. I would love to see a Part Two for this class.

Bring a set up open mind, ears and eyes, and be prepared for a whole lot of role playing fun!!

Tucobkg and Seaward are the first 2 non-members on the list.

at the moment you each have a 50% chance of winning.

Pretty good odds. The random number generator isn't going to have to work to hard on that.

Last edited:
The purpose of this karma is to increase GOAL membership so I would be remiss if I didn't mention that you don't have to win this Karma to join GOAL. It is a great organization. If you don't win this Karma, but are still interested in taking a course like this one membership pays for itself the first class you take.

Last time I checked there will still openings for the Concealed Carry course in November.

http://www.thegoalfoundation.org/courseschedule.htm

I am heading out of work in about 10 minutes and may not have access to the internet again tonight so this is the last call.

If you want in speak now.

Okay Tucobkg is #1, Seaward is #2, I've set the random number generator for a minimum of 1 and max of 2 drum roll please . . .

#2 Seaward has it. I will contact you by PM. Tucobkg thank for responding, please do consider joining GOAL anyway, and if for some reason Seaward isn't able to make it I'll send you a note.

Back
Top Bottom