Kaboom-Another "Don't trust anyone's reloads!"

Thanks for all the replies. That's what I had hoped to hear. I think it's right up my alley and always try to practice safety and proper measurement, even if just in the kitchen, never mind with things that blow up.

Could be as simple as metal fatigue, number one reason I don't like bullpups. But kinda looks like a double charged 45 acp.

Sounds like a case of RWSF: Reloading while S faced.

To the OP: "Bersa" [rofl][rofl]I am glad to hear that the folks didn't get hurt when things went kaboom.

I want to say he sort of admitted to that AND to reloading with a buddy while they jawed around. After the second time, you'd have to be some sort of special-stupid to continue reloading and not checking your loads.

I want to say he sort of admitted to that AND to reloading with a buddy while they jawed around. After the second time, you'd have to be some sort of special-stupid to continue reloading and not checking your loads.
"some sort of special-stupid"..... you hit the nail on the head with that one. I believe it was George Carlin who said something along the lines of "think about how stupid the average person is, then appreciate the fact that half of them are even stupider."

This is a good example to me why I decided to just buy factory and not invest in my own reloading equipment.

Had work/family/life not stopped me from shooting hobby and hunting at 25 and I learned to reload back then, I know I would be fine to deal with it now, as I am very mechanical and always have been. But now just getting back into shooting at 53 I don't need to find out the hard way that a potential senior moment while learning reloading skills causes an injury(or worse) to myself and more importantly someone else.

Saving money reloading my own does appeal to me. But after watching several YouTube vids on the subject it occurred to me that my mind just isn't capable of sitting at the machine for hours on end without my mind wandering and not catching mistakes.

Yeah, I've had the same issue when reloading. My first round of 45acp had a squib in it and I had thought I was being very careful. It happened at a NES shoot and after I shot the squib I had no clue what had just happened. Luckily the guy next to me yelled "Squib" and "cease fire" on the line as I might have stupidly pulled the trigger on the next round.

Never had a squib in a semi-auto. Had one with a revolver years ago and was surprised that the primer alone could push the bullet half way down a 6" barrel.

Very similar to how Brandon Lee died on the set of The Crow.

Someone on set, instead of using commercially-made dummy cartridges in a revolver, took it upon themselves to make their own dummy cartridges by emptying the powder out of live cartridges but leaving the primer. Someone fired the revolver with the dummies loaded, detonating one of the primers and pushing the bullet partway down the barrel. Subsequently, the revolver was unloaded and the dummy bullets were replaced with blanks for scenes where the gun had to be fired. An actor playing one of the bad guys aimed the revolver at Lee and fired a blank round, which pushed the bullet out of the barrel with force similar to that of a live round.

Back
Top Bottom