• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just had to come home

Beautiful! I had an Interarms stainless PPK/s I carried as a summer gun for many years. I ended up selling it last year/ year before. Still kind of miss it but I stopped carrying it over a decade ago.
I used to have a nickel/ gold plated wartime PP I bought cheap and sold cheap. I'll have to find pics of that thing. It was pretty fugly. Shot nice though.

So from what I can find on the net this serial number range is in between the end of 1938 and the beginingg of 1939. No import mark. Crown over N proof. Nothing but Walther on the magazine.

any suggestions for the best source to read for specific PP history?

MajSpud I Joined both groups. Thanks for the lead. They are really in deep and I had no idea how far in one could go with PP's.

A friend who I respect greatly took me to task for wanting to shoot this as his sense is the condition sets it apart and shooting can only degrade it. I don't collect safe queens or display pieces more like nice quality shooters so this is likely going to trade into something else. I have owned modern PPK/S's prior and loved them. Carried them but now they seem heavy and obsolete for that purpose. This just jumped up and grabbed me by surprise.

Only the second time I have ever made a real find and it is a thrill. I found a J Hoag 1911(my avatar).

Back
Top Bottom