Just got my M1917 back from Strickland's Gunsmith Shop

stoneypete

NES Member
He installed the NOS HS barrel I won in my ebay auction. I dropped the rifle off Sat and picked it up Wed ready to go.

I can't wait to shoot it, but I gotta wait till Sat.

HPIM0355.jpg

oooo, nice! Stricklands does some nice work. Let us know how she shoots.....If ya don't mind me asking, what did you end up shelling out for the barrel?

oooo, nice! Stricklands does some nice work. Let us know how she shoots.....If ya don't mind me asking, what did you end up shelling out for the barrel?
I stole it! The auction ended @ $130.49. With shipping and insurance it was $145 and change.

Strickland charged $125 to put it on. The total is less than the value of the barrel.

Shot it today at 50 yards. windage is perfect. Tomorrow while the ladies shoot I may bring it out to the hundred.

My Remington is the best free gun I ever got. It was in a sporter stock but luckily not defaced other than that, now wears Eddystone walnut.

DSCN3397.JPG

Last edited:
Nice, although I bet yours is in much better shape than mine (the wood, that is). I got it from Numrich and it has some dings and gouges, nothing major or potentially dangerous, but certainly not in mint shape. The metal I got from them varied between great and pitted rusty.

Back
Top Bottom