Just another refurb Mosin

Might be a refurb, but this one just "speaks" to me.

1938 Tula, Pre-war stock

photo1-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo22-1.jpg

photo32-1.jpg

photo42-1.jpg

That is a very nice looking mosin do they any more that look like that.

Nope....and I've had it for several months already too.

Actually, i'm hoping to pop the cherry in the next 2-3 weeks....along with tracking down an M44 as well.

Thanks guys. I definitely love the looks of it.

Kinda hard to keep myself from buying more. I passed on a nice '32 Hex at the show in Manchester a couple weeks ago. Wonder if anyone here picked up that rifle as I'm kicking myself today for not grabbing it. My Friend grabbed a '33 Hex that was right next to it.

I'm itching for a nice clean M44 though. Until my C&R gets here, i'm stuck trying to find one local. If anyone has one for sale at a reasonable price, PM me please!

Last edited:
Great buy, Tulas are my favorite. The markings are nice and deep and a very interesting 6 stamped and what looks to be a triangle but I could not tell. Take it out of the stock and inspect it for other markings. Sometimes you will find some VERY interesting history of where that beauty has been.
As my friend Ken said welcome to the brotherhood,
We start are meetings this way:
My name is ________
I am a Mosin Collector
I am addicted and I don't care, in fact I enjoy it!!!
I will not be going out to apologize to anyone for collecting Mosins
You get the picture.

Thats a great looking stock. No Bayonet on there for effect while shooting? What if you needed to stab a turkey at the other end of the range? I just bought my first one, 1942 91/30 specifically just a mosin nothing special about it, but I love it. Soon the hunt will begin for more interesting ones.

I shot with the bayo on there for a few rounds. It got me some good natured ribbing about charging the paper target when I ran out of 7.62 :)

BTW I think I enjoyed shooting it more than my AR which you see in the video.

Now I need a carbine badly!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I shot a Mosin standing up.. Bad idea. I had terrible accuracy..the darn thing was shaking because of the fact that its decently heavy haha

Beautiful stock! Looks to be refurbished, I wonder if someone took a torch to it for the darker markings. Makes me wanna try on one from the group buy.

Beautiful stock! Looks to be refurbished, I wonder if someone took a torch to it for the darker markings. Makes me wanna try on one from the group buy.

Russians often used birch for their stocks and accidentally cranked out some beautiful rifles like this 53 Tula SKS I have:

100_1793.jpg

Mosins are rarely but sometimes found with stocks just as nice.

Pretty confident it wasn't "bubba'ed". Still wiping Cosmo of it and from every crevice. Bolt was caked.

I got a lot of PMs on this rifle. I bought it a while ago, and it was boxed up and the first one I looked at. So if there were any similar rifles they are long gone by now. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Russians often used birch for their stocks and accidentally cranked out some beautiful rifles like this 53 Tula SKS I have:

100_1793.jpg

Mosins are rarely but sometimes found with stocks just as nice.

Ray,

What's a Russian SKS like that worth. I'm looking at a Tula with a stock just like that and trying to think up a value of what I think it's worth.

Thanks

Ray,

What's a Russian SKS like that worth. I'm looking at a Tula with a stock just like that and trying to think up a value of what I think it's worth.

Thanks

It depends on if its been refurbed or not. Typical refurbs with non matching stock usually fetch around $350 - $400. Heavily refurbed models with black paint are on the lower end and usually no higher that $350. All original with no refurb marks will get about $400 - $450+
Year has a little to do with value as well along with a few other things like odd/less common stampings.

Back
Top Bottom