Just Another Reason Why I am Becoming a Prepper

Iran attacking the US would end up like Libya, we'd depose their government within weeks, and their citizens would hang their leaders in the streets.

Yeah once those Iranians secure a beach head at New York, LA, and DC, they will be tough to stop. Quickly after that, they will achieve air superiority. Then it will be a matter of time before they have complete air supremecy over the US, when they use their superior Persian Air Force to take out all of our F-22s. They will then use their superior naval force to blockade our ports, cutting off all outside imports and exports. Once the US Army and Marine Corps are swiftly defeated by the New Persian Army Republican Guard, led by Xerxes MXXXXIV, it will be up to the American patriot to take to the hills and execute guerrilla warfare against an enemy superior in firepower, intelligence, and knowledge of modern warfare.

I'm a prepper, but not because of the Iranians. [grin]

Yeah once those Iranians secure a beach head at New York, LA, and DC, they will be tough to stop. Quickly after that, they will achieve air superiority. Then it will be a matter of time before they have complete air supremecy over the US, when they use their superior Persian Air Force to take out all of our F-22s. They will then use their superior naval force to blockade our ports, cutting off all outside imports and exports. Once the US Army and Marine Corps are swiftly defeated by the New Persian Army Republican Guard, led by Xerxes MXXXXIV, it will be up to the American patriot to take to the hills and execute guerrilla warfare against an enemy superior in firepower, intelligence, and knowledge of modern warfare.

tumblr_lu27a0fOSf1qzgpx9.gif

lol. Seriously... the Iranians aren't even remotely close to a reason to prep... it's the assheads in charge making up boogeymen stories that I'm worried about.

I'm more worried about the effects of the $5/gallon gas that would accompany Iran's actions toward us (or Israel). Between heating oil and a V8 Chevy I'm feeling pinched as it is.

If you read the report you'll see the "attacks" on our soil they were talking about was the assassination attempt on the Saudi ambassedor, not launching rockets or land wars. Do people really think Iran would try to come here and attack us? I mean seriously, have you seen their navy? I'm 100% for prepping, but that article is complete garbage and should be filed in teh circular basket right next to the ones that told us Saddam definitely has WMDs.

Prep for the same reason you keep a spare tire in your car: Because it's prudent. Not because some .gov agency that needs to issue scary reports to keep itself relevant (and funding pouring in) tells you the boogeyman is out to get you any day now.

<snip>it will be up to the American patriot to take to the hills and execute guerrilla warfare against an enemy superior in firepower, intelligence, and knowledge of modern warfare.

Wolverines !
thwolverines.jpg

Anyone born after 1980 hasen't experienced the oil embargo's / "gas crisis" of the '70's If the same pricing was to hit, we'd be looking at 20.00 a gallon gas so if that happened, all bet's would be off. Then there's the scenario of a man - portable nuke. Again unless you served during the cold war it's likely you have little idea of what one of those things can do.

Better to put a few things aside...

My personal feeling is that Iran is going to be the worlds problem in the future (I know this isn't breaking news). It appears that Iran may be willing to launch attacks on our own soil, which is a little scary. I'm sure the chances of this happening are low but nevertheless, I'd rather be ready if the SHTF!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...port-finds/2012/01/30/gIQACwGweQ_story_1.html

Better late than never I guess, just sucks you're getting into it at the most expensive time in US history. Your dollar now buys much less than it did even two or three years ago.

The Iranians have nuclear material, can we at least agree on that, to get it into the US is easy. Set off a Dirty Bomb and watch the insanity ensue.

IF that were to happen:

Interstates would be closed
Ports would be closed
Air Travel probably too
Movement along highways would probably be highly restricted

Ok this is the Iranian army that fought Iraq to a ten year standstill in their war. The same Iraq that we kicked back to the stone age twice in how many DAYS? I say bring it on.

The problem with rationally thinking out what Imadinnerjacket will or wont do is that he doesnt think rationally. I agree the worst damage they are likely to do to us is cause the barrel price of oil to spike which would have the affect of raising the price of just about everything. But dont worry Obama will just print some more money and refinance everything for us[crying]

Iran? What?

OK...I agree, its good to be prepared...but I have my doubts Iran poses a serious threat of invasion. ID be more apt to prepare for an infrastructure collapse on an internal level - ie suspended government services like police, fire etc in the event of disaster - think Katrina.

Invaded? By who? The Chinese may have a million screaming chinamen in their army, but they lack a boat to get here. The North KOreans? not likely? Canada? OK, they scare the shit out of me with their hockey hulabaloo and I may be entranced by poutine.

Seriously though, no matter how the threat manifests, its good to be ready. Im new to all of this myself but have taken to giving prepping some serious consideration.

My serious concern right now is Iran - Nuclear Weapons - The ability to orbit a satellite.

The satellite they currently have up could be anything, and with no notice, we could be back in the 1800's.

the reasons are numerous for many it has different meaning but for me it's just makes practical sense.
The culmination for me was the 08 ice storm, that really sent the message home.
The one major thing I really needed, I didn't have, and apparently a lot of others didn't have either, it was a generator. I almost had to fight an old lady for the last one at home depot. But the worst part is if the restaurants hadn't been open and I didn't have the food in the freezer that was there I would have had a tough time if we went without power for more than a few days hell if it was wet enough I would be screwed in a day because my sump has to run constantly.
lesson learned, food,water,heat and power oh and of course plenty of ammo.
currently I am looking at alternative power sources solar wind methane even ..
I heat with wood but in a SHTF we all know who's got heat if your burning wood..

Like mentioned in a previous response gas prices would be the real concen across the world but that is a short lived concern, the bigger issue is shutting down a contry like Iran. Most people dont understand that the US supplies something like 80% of its own gas/oil and within the next few years or so we will be suppling 100% of it and exporting to other contries. We have been just using up every one elses oil supplies, which is a smart move on our end. At some point we will be the oil superpower. We have alot of oil in the US and Canada.

Iran getting a nuke off would be a one time gig. We would turn them into glass.

Not when Oblabla ia giving 800 million dollars to the "Arab Spring" countries,

Who do you think is running those countries now ? Ever last one of them have voted in or imposed non-secular governments. That means Sharia law, they're all jumping up and down chanting "kill the infidels" while chopping off each others hands or heads.

I dont worry about the nuke threat from Iran. They will use that against Israel not us. I also think EMP is a way over rated thread. They have the capability to close the Straits. THis will drive oil through the roof and destroy the economy. All it takes is a couple of missles hitting a couple of tankers and there isnt a shipping company in the world that will send their tankers through there. All the insurers will refuse to insure the vessels. The other ME oil ports cant take up all the slack for the ones in the Persian Gulf.

Like mentioned in a previous response gas prices would be the real concen across the world but that is a short lived concern, the bigger issue is shutting down a contry like Iran. Most people dont understand that the US supplies something like 80% of its own gas/oil and within the next few years or so we will be suppling 100% of it and exporting to other contries. We have been just using up every one elses oil supplies, which is a smart move on our end. At some point we will be the oil superpower. We have alot of oil in the US and Canada.

Exactly. When the keystone pipeline gets done (and it will get approved shortly one way or another), the estimate is that between US and Canada, our gas needs are about 80% met.

The markets also react emotionally. When the SHTF in libya, oil spiked by like 10%. Considering that libya only accounted for like 4% of the total oil in the world, how the h.. did oil prices spike 10%?!

The end of the world has been predicted since the beginning of the world. SHTF, same thing. Revolution, civil war, recession the late 1890s, WW1, depression, WW2, etc. etc. IMO, its called life.

I am not saying to blithely ignore everything, it is a good idea to be prepared. However, so far, every THEOFTWAWKI has been a bump, not a wall.

Just going to give this a bump.
Supposedly Iran launched something into space and then the leader of the Revolutionary Guards says that there will be a strike from within. We all know that terrorists have been coming in wholesale in the last year but I am starting to wonder if Iran is going to try and use an EMP strike on us now that they have the capability to put something into orbit.

Just going to give this a bump.
Supposedly Iran launched something into space and then the leader of the Revolutionary Guards says that there will be a strike from within. We all know that terrorists have been coming in wholesale in the last year but I am starting to wonder if Iran is going to try and use an EMP strike on us now that they have the capability to put something into orbit.
Russia, China, NK and Iran have all publicly stated their intentions to strike first with EMP. Google any of these countries names + “EMP” to see it yourself.

To me, not being prepared for an EMP is foolish. Bonus: if it never happens, by prepping for an EMP you are pretty much prepped for any other type of short or long term SHTF scenario. 👍

So why don't they strike?
Because if the US goes down like that the rest of the world burns as well.
That's why.

That's why.
Ace in the hole. They don't have to strike but the threat is enough. They know Biden doesn't have the sack to do anything.

That's why.
Which is one of reasons the push to reduce dependence on the US and US Dollar makes sense for China and Russia.

Iran’s religious ideology defies logic, so don’t apply it there. We are the Great Satan which is to be destroyed and their 12th Imam is supposed to return once there’s a final World War and bring all nations under control of Islam. Don’t blame me. Crazy shit I know. But that’s what these centrifuge spinning Ayatollahs believe. So it’s their DUTY they believe to start said final World War.

NK’s a wild card. Who knows what little Rocket Man might use for logic. But he’s got nukes and missiles.

All Iran or NK have to do is get a launch system capable of reaching 250 miles altitude onto a fishing trawler or cargo container ship 500 miles off any US coast.

Russia and China have hypersonic delivery vehicles we can’t touch, and so no fishing trawlers needed for them. China is building a “swarm” of 250 hypersonic missile launch sites right now, designed to overwhelm any defensive measure we might have in the future.

“We have only to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.”

Didn’t work out for the guy who said that, but it did in the previous round, and I sometimes seriously wonder how rickety our shitpile really is. I’m not saying Iran is at the top of my list, but I wonder how little it would require for things to really start falling apart?

Back
Top Bottom