JRS Gunsmithing - Londonderry, NH

Stopped in at JRS today to pick up a handgun I'd bought over the web. Harold, as usual, was great to deal with, very friendly, and efficient. And, he charges only $10 to do a transfer which is a real deal these days. Fourth gun I've transferred through him. He also has a selection of rifles and a few handguns on display as well as ammo in pretty much all calibers. He will order whatever gun you want for just 5% over cost Of course, he has all the smithing equipment needed to do whatever work your firearm might ever need. No interest in his shop other than being a very satisfied customer and it's great to support a local small business.

Got a bunch of ammo and cleaning stuff while there... his prices are very competitive.

Had a great experience purchasing from him tonight. Nice friendly guy and smooth transaction. Bought the last SR22 he had in stock for what i thought was a pretty good price for a seemingly high demand item. Another guy was picking up a transfer and he was charged $15 for the transfer.

Did a transfer through Harold at JR's Gunsmithing in Londonderry.

Great guy, small shop. He's a "home" FFL. I guess he's in the middle of expanding to another structure near the house. As I understood it, the new structure will be mostly for his smith work, and the existing structure will be more of a customer shop for the transfers, accessory and ammo sales, etc.

Great guy.

I've had a mixed experience with Harold.

Purchased a XD Mod.2 that I wanted the sights replaced on (and bore sighted), so I brought it to Harold. It took a month to get it done, and when I got the gun back I had to clean the metal shavings off the slide, not a great start.

A month later on my third trip to the range with the gun, the rear sight fell off. Visions of bullets going in the wrong direction filled my head. When I asked if I could bring the gun back to have him fix it right, this was his response:

Jul 17

MON WED FRI 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Customer service is not his forte.

If I have to check some one else's work, and I find several things wrong along the way, AND I don't get an appropriate response - I go elsewhere. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom