John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match - MATCH APPLICATION

Greetings folks!

The registration for the John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match is now open. Please fill out the attached application and send it along with a check made out to METROWEST TACTICAL for the match fee and for any T-shirts you would like. You do not have to shoot the match to order T-shirts.

Mail the application and the checks to:

JOHN CATTERALL
6 MICHELLE LANE
MATTAPOISETT, MA 02739.

If you would like to be squadded together please send your applications and checks in the same envelope. Please see the application for all the match details. You can also look at post #72 on the following thread for a more detailed post regarding the format:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ractical-Shooting-Match-PLANNING-THREAD/page8

All match proceeds will be split 50/50 between GOAL and the American Heart Association. We are going to limit the match to 5 squads of 25 plus the staff. Watch this thread for updates on the capacity of the match. If we do not fill the match through pre-registration we will accept walk-ins to fill out the match.

Regards,
John Catterall
Match Director

Attachments

• John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match Application.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 154
Do you have to be experienced in all the disciplines?

No. Those of us who had the pleasure of shooting with Mr. Kelly knew that he was all about helping people, especially new people to the sport. In his spirit, the experienced shooters will be standing ready to reach out and help new shooters. We hope that this event will encourage new shooters to try the different disciplines.

Check and form inbound. John was a great guy and I look forward to participating this great event in his memory.

Do you have to be experienced in all the disciplines?

On the match application the reason I asked if you have ever shot the disciplines before is so that I can balance out the squads so that we could have a mix of experienced/new shooters on each squad so that some folks will be able to answer questions about scoring, rules, strategy, etc.

Last edited:
On the match application the reason I asked if you have ever shot the disciplines before is so that I can balance out the squads so that we could have a mix of experienced/new shooters of each squad so that some folks will be able to answer questions about scoring, rules, strategy, etc.

If you want new shooter help, let me know. I will be there to work and not shoot and will gladly take as many new people around as you want. Put me where you can use me the most.

Are you going to be at Harvard on Sunday? If so, I'll bring an app and check there. If you need more staff, I'm happy to help. Let me know what you want me to do.

A question was raised on another forum regarding staff members paying for this match...

Customarily staff members do not pay the match fee and would get a free T-shirt... If you have volunteered to staff this match, and, if I've given you an OK either in person or through e-mail, I will honor the custom and you do not have to pay for the match or the T-shirt. Just send in an application with your T-shirt size indicated and write "STAFF" anywhere in the top margin.

With that said, what I am going to do is pay for the match and the T-shirt only because I want to donate to the charity in John's memory. If a staff member, or any other shooter for that matter, would like to include a check for a little extra money to go to the charity - by all means do so.

If you would like to staff the match, please send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
John Catterall
Match Director

Myself, and my husband are both planning on staffing, in any way you need John.. We are of course planning on paying for the match and t-shirt as well.

Check and entry inbound from the scorekeeper. Extra pay-offs to the score keeper will be included in the donations of the match and are encouraged :) Though not sure if they will actually help your score - unless it's a really good payoff!

Is the match still open for registrations and what equipment will be needed. Normally I do Walls of Steel and it has been many years since I did any IPSC. What equipment is the major question along with how many mags required per stage. I assume silly Mass laws limit mags to 10 rounds.
Thanks Dave

John - I'll be working where you need me and Evelyn has also volunteered. But we will be sending in a check for the match and t shirts. It's going to a good cause and John was a great guy.

Donna

John, Check and form is on the way. I'll help out on the Walls of Steel stage, so they may enjoy a taste of IDPA and USPSA.

Bob G.
Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford

Is the match still open for registrations and what equipment will be needed. Normally I do Walls of Steel and it has been many years since I did any IPSC. What equipment is the major question along with how many mags required per stage. I assume silly Mass laws limit mags to 10 rounds.
Thanks Dave

Keep the registrations coming folks! T-SHIRT ORDER IS GOING IN ONE WEEK FROM TODAY (so the order goes in on July 13th). IF YOU WANT A T-SHIRT SEND IN YOUR FORM NOW... If you don't want a T-shirt, you can keep the registrations rolling in.

As far as equipment - you will need a strong side holster, ammunition carrier (i.e., mag pouch, speedloader/moonclip carriers) will be very helpful but in a pinch you can load out of your pocket. Bring as many mags as you can - for the steel stages 5 would be great! If you don't have that many we can help you reload - just don't shoot too fast!

John, are you going to be at Worcester on Saturday? If you all I'll give it to you my entry form and raffle ticket money then. If not then I've got to find a big enough envelope and drop it in the mail.

Mine is going out today as well. Lugnut I'm going to need you to hold my hand. [grin]

It's about time you and Timber came down for a match. If you guys need gear let me know. I may or may not be at the match, Wife's first day in NYC is the 29th . But I can get you the gear before hand if needed.

Back
Top Bottom