John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match - MATCH APPLICATION

What kind of cigar would you like to give away.. I mean compete for? ;)

Lagloria Cubana Series R #5 or #6. And just so everyone knows:

"Solimini miss" is clearly defined as an accidental head shot when Lugnut is shooting for the body! You lucky bastard![wink]

Lagloria Cubana Series R #5 or #6. And just so everyone knows:

"Solimini miss" is clearly defined as an accidental head shot when Lugnut is shooting for the body! You lucky bastard![wink]

It's called the zipper drill... it's always been intentional... with perfect vertical alignment. No luck... all skill. I'll do it again if you want. [smile]

thanks for the offer, Mike. i've never shot a match before, so other than a rainbow wig and floppy shoes, what kind of gear are we talking about?

From watching your videos; Oh I don't know, maybe a gun that actually fires[grin]

That rainbow wig will match the bumper stickers on your car.

Last edited:
Oh guys... you know how sensitive I am and this in turning in a "Bash Dave Thread"... which is perfectly fine- but try to come up with some new material will ya? [laugh] And Yes Steve- I do miss the easy ones on occasion... but I'm actually moving up in that department... I got a D at about 6 feet instead of Mike the other day. It's so hard to show respect to targets that close isn't it? [smile]

Last edited:
Oh guys... you know how sensitive I am and this in turning in a "Bash Dave Thread"... which is perfectly fine- but try to come up with some new material will ya? [laugh] And Yes Steve- I do miss the easy ones on occasion... but I'm actually moving up in that department... I got a D at about 6 feet instead of Mike the other day. It's so hard to show respect to targets that close isn't it? [smile]

Bring that cigar!

Can't wait for this match tomorrow. There's gonna be some serious NES presence. I've got 8 NES techwear shirts to deliver! Looks like we're gonna have great weather.

I too am looking forward to this... not just from a match perspective but for some good fun with good people. What a good way to remember JK!

Oh Mike-Mike- I enjoy Dunhill or a Cohiba. [laugh] Oh don't worry I have a guaranteed win... since I'm running one of the stages. [smile]

I too am looking forward to this... not just from a match perspective but for some good fun with good people. What a good way to remember JK!

Oh Mike-Mike- I enjoy Dunhill or a Cohiba. [laugh] Oh don't worry I have a guaranteed win... since I'm running one of the stages. [smile]

He could zero the USPSA stage for a price Mike-Mike [smile]

I'm really bummed that I'm going to have to miss this. Some very unfortunate family matters have come up that I need to attend to. Please take lots of pictures and remember John's memory. I'll have to catch up with Jon to transfer the raffle gun that I'm going to win though [wink].

I'm really bummed that I'm going to have to miss this. Some very unfortunate family matters have come up that I need to attend to. Please take lots of pictures and remember John's memory. I'll have to catch up with Jon to transfer the raffle gun that I'm going to win though [wink].

I know the feeling eisenhow, I got ammo loaded Wenesday night, everything ready... Thursday's job meeting, I got elected to work Saturday. Everyone, take lots of Pics and Vids for us working folks.

Hey can someone pencil in Bob G. on a raffle ticket for me ? I planned on a few tickets Saturday morning. lol Good luck and a great time to all !!!

sorry guys, I always win the guns remember?
I haven't met my quota yet for this year.

I will see you in the morning.

Great Job John C and all the SO's. The match ran smooth. I was strictly and IDPA guy until now. Ill keep my eyes open for other action pistol sports and see you guys at a few more.

What a great day it was today. It was good to see a lot of folks I hadn't seen in a while and also to put some faces to names of many I hadn't met yet. I'm glad I finally got to shake Derek's hand and say hello after all he does to bring us NES.

I got to RO just about everyone on the Walls Of Steel stage and I must say it humbled many shooters. Thanks for all the help reseting the steel and keeping everything going smoothly. I look forward to seeing you all again out on the range in the near future when I will actually be shooting as well as helping out.

-Cuz.

Yeah- good job everyone. JK would be proud to see what we did. It was good to see so many people that shoot different disciplines come out today. I heard Mike Walsh and Rob C. shot an IDPA stage today- I guess anything can happen! Now if he'd just man up and shoot Glocks. :)

Yes Larry- that Walls of Steel was very humbling! Thanks!

EDIT- I'm going to see if I can make the match in RI if I can get in still. I may need to truck in the ammo I'll need as I don't think what I need will fit in my car! [laugh]

Last edited:
Thanks to John Catterall and all of the SO's! Great match. I had a ton of fun. It was cool to finally shoot an USPSA stage... not to mention Walls of Steel.

And like Cuz said... it was great to meet Derek and a handful of other NES characters today. Great shooting with you guys!

Now... are the scores up yet?! [smile]

Last edited:
Awesome day!!!!

Walls of steel was very entertaining.. A trip to the RI match might be in my future, and a trip to the gun store for more magazines[grin]

It was good to see so many shooters from different disciplines come together for a great cause

I heard Mike Walsh and Rob C. shot an IDPA stage today- I guess anything can happen! Now if he'd just man up and shoot Glocks. :)

What a fun day. I didn't bring any gear and just planned to hang out, Donna gave me her gun and ammo to shoot. can't beat that... thanks Donna, I owe you one

I did shoot an IDPA stage, I actually shot it twice... It was educational[wink]

Rob got every imaginable procedural you could get. Then John C yelled at him. It was funny as hell

The day was AWESOME!!!! Weather was great, people were great, the Cause was GREAT!! I can't remember a more fun day....I LOVE the Walls of Steel!!! That was great fun....Thanks Larry and it was good seeing you, it's been what almost 30 yrs!!!!

Thanks to John Catterall and all of the SO's! Great match. I had a ton of fun. It was cool to finally shoot an USPSA stage... not to mention Walls of Steel.

And like Cuz said... it was great to meet Derek and a handful of other NES characters today. Great shooting with you guys!

Now... are the scores up yet?! [smile]

I trust your brother is busy uploading videos and pictures? Who won the gun? I'm so pissed I couldn't be there.

See what you've been missing??? I wish that I could have seen it sooo bad!

That was a once in a lifetime Dave.......it just felt so......dirty. J/K, maybe I will try it again someday...we'll see. It was great seeing everyone today...hope you all shot well. Thank you Gary for letting me use your Sig, definitely out of my comfort zone, but tons of fun.

A big thanks to John C and all the volunteers for today's match.

Well, it was a long day Up at 4AM, 2 hr plus drive, back home at 8PM. I would not have missed it. Rob, glad you enjoyed that fire breathing ammo. I know the Indoor SOs usually don't like it but, that is what IDPA was supposed to be. Carry gun, carry ammo, carry gear.

Hope to see as many as possible at future USPSA matches. I enjoyed working the stage and meeting many. Wish I had shot a little but my way of remembering my friend was working as I did at many matches with him.

My biggest regret was that our other friend could not make it but he was in my thoughts today also.

Best of luck to all and if you make it to the Walls of steel match, say Hi, a few of us are shooting it on the Friday AM and PM squads. It is one of the best matches I shoot all year.

Back
Top Bottom