• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

JetBlue FlyFi and conversing / converting an anti

Thanks - I am a bit of a writer - I've had things appear in local newspapers like the Metrowest daily news, Lowell Sun and Eagle Tribune - if you google Chris DeRoma, sometimes they come up as a contributor.

I am going to polish this one up and post it to my blog: http://bathsaltsandskittles.blogspot.com/

and to that end, after it is polished, I think I might try submitting it to guns and ammo and or other mags of this nature.

AngelKing, that was an awesome read. The lady sounds like she was very nice, and clearly more curious than anti - especially since her hubby owns guns.

Have you ever considered writing articles for firearms/tactical magazines or blogs? I think your commentary with this lady could be turned into a great educational article, especially given the current climate. It would certainly make for a wonderful and informative read.

Last edited:
The MolonLabe philosophy is very much part of my thinking, but its kind of like a "break glass in case of emergency" tool. I';ve had it out with diehard belligerent antis, and I reserve my snarky defiant tone for those situations only. I rather enjoy however, any situation where tact, good speaking skills and writing ability can be used to persuade.

After all, not everyone is a member of Moms Demand Action or the Rosenthal cabal.

I applaud your approach AngelKing, and I think more 2A supporters would benefit from remembering that the vast majority of people just don't have strong opinions on guns one way or the other ("nons"). They're the ones that can be influenced with polite, logical discussions of the facts, as opposed to "MOLON LABE MURRRCA".

And this is exactly why I don't understand why more people don't take this approach...

It's because more and more people are starting to get really pissed off. It is not easy to shelve one's anger and attempt a soft sell.

-Mike

Thanks - I am a bit of a writer - I've had things appear in local newspapers like the Metrowest daily news, Lowell Sun and Eagle Tribune - if you google Chris DeRoma, sometimes they come up as a contributor.

I am going to polish this one up and post it to my blog: http://bathsaltsandskittles.blogspot.com/

and to that end, after it is polished, I think I might try submitting it to guns and ammo and or other mags of this nature.

Excellent to hear!

This. While I am happy to have the conversation with someone who is willing to engage, at the same time, there are plenty who just wish to enrage - not unlike the woman who started ranting and raving at me for my Friends of the NRA hat when I was in a Dunkin Donuts/Shell Station a few weeks back.

It's because more and more people are starting to get really pissed off. It is not easy to shelve one's anger and attempt a soft sell.

-Mike

This. While I am happy to have the conversation with someone who is willing to engage, at the same time, there are plenty who just wish to enrage - not unlike the woman who started ranting and raving at me for my Friends of the NRA hat when I was in a Dunkin Donuts/Shell Station a few weeks back.

AngelKing: +1 for being non-confrontational and trying to plantg the seeds of doubt in one mind...

At the last NH hearings on HB 1589, there were quite a few supporters of this horrible bill, armed with the usual talking points from MAIG, etc. I tried to engage quite a few of them in conversation when the opportunity presented itself, and the reactions varied from absolute refusal to engage to good talks.

This fight is for the minds of the undecided... and honey works much better than vinegar when trying to get a person to reconsider. No matter how angry one gets when ignorant people start repeating the lies that the antis are spouting... you are better off explaining very politely and calmly why the stats are incorrect, misleading or irrelevant. Some will listen and some will not... but you fail every time you get loud or aggressive.

And on the record - it is REALLY hard to calmly listen to that crap... but if you try to talk over them, they are not going to listen to you. Patience and persistence are essential in getting people to actually think about your argument.

I'm of the thought that this didn't actually happen...here's the real story.
-2 knob creeks was actually 5
-he didn't mention the other drinks he had when they got onto the plane
-he past out with the magazine resting on his forehead while he overheard people near him complaining of the picture of the gun on the cover
-his mind warped that into a nice story that was much more pleasant to awaken to upon landing...:)

just screwing with you, good job.

I read another thread that someone said he was ATF, not sure if serious......
Havent heard that. I follow a real estate broker in NH on FB and get emails regularly. Periodically get "congrats to new buyers John and Mary" or whatever with a pic. Never met Attila in person but judging from pics of him on NES, Im almost positive he was in one of those new buyers pics. Figured maybe life got busy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom