Jesse Ventura on the 2nd Amendment....

He was briefly on WAAF earlier this week plugging his new book on torture and the United States use of it at Gitmo and other places. He's against us using it for any reason.

Overall I like a lot of things he stands for and for his achievements in life. I disagree with him on this torture subject as I think it's a valuble tool and I'm fairly certain the information we've received has saved American's lives.

I also think he's way off on his thoughts on 9/11.

me too. . . He was on the Stern show last week, and he went on and on about how he thinks it was an inside job.

That was the only part of the interview which I found ridiculous. Those conspiracy theorists get me.

That was the only part of the interview which I found ridiculous. Those conspiracy theorists get me.

I also agree with Rockrivr1 and JoeT.
I heard him on Howard Stern this week and also the last time he was on.
He certainly is entertaining to listen to, and I agree with 90% of what he says, but when he gets on the 9/11 subject his credibility goes down the drain.

I like Jesse Ventura because he's inquisitive. Everyone now just wants to toe the line and say whatever is popular. He's not a pro-9/11 conspiracy theorist as the naysayers suggest; he just wants to establish a dialogue on what happened and why it happened. But Boobus won't allow that to happen!

Historically, he's mediocre on 2A issues since he supports waiting periods and state-mandated training requirements. But at least he's vehemently anti-registration.

So I support waiting periods and training requirements for gun ownership, and I like the idea that is shouldn’t be incredibly easy to get guns. I support the right to carry concealed weapons, but I think people who want a concealed-weapons permit need to pass a training and safety course. The Constitution calls for a “well-regulated militia.” In other words, you need to know how to use your weapon, and practice with it.

Where I draw the line is at gun registration. A law that says that everybody who owns a gun has to be on record is too easy to abuse.

and

I will support legislation that permits some citizens to carry concealed weapons. I will not give carte blanch approval to all types of concealed weapons. People who want to carry concealed weapons should be prepared to demonstrate certain competencies with their guns, just as the police must do.

People who want to carry concealed weapons must be able to prove that they can use a gun safely, hit a silhouette target rather than innocent bystanders, and prove they have no criminal history. Applicants should complete a gun safety and training course for their requested weapons. They should be able to show competency and accuracy in weapon use, both at the time of purchase and periodically thereafter.

Link-er-roo: http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Jesse_Ventura_Gun_Control.htm

Wow. I am surprised. I haven't heard most of views on things, but did hear him regarding the "torture" subject on AAF the other morning. I guess I pegged him for a typical bleeding heart politician. Its good to know that there is more of a "libertarian"-leaning side to him.

Its almost impossible to agree with anyone let alone anyone running for office on EVERY issue. I usually back the one that I agree with the MOST.

Back
Top Bottom