• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

January 2013 Manchester, NH Gunshow Thread

A friend just called. He's leaving the show and was parked on the third floor of the parking lot. 30 minutes later he's made it to the second floor. He's figuring over an hour to get out the parking lot.

He got there at 8:30 and waited in line for an hour. He saw Privi Partisan .223 ammo for $800/1000 rounds. The aforementioned Federal .308 Match at $20 per box is gone. He bought 15 boxes and another guy bought the rest.

Insanity ensues...

A friend just called. He's leaving the show and was parked on the third floor of the parking lot. 30 minutes later he's made it to the second floor. He's figuring over an hour to get out the parking lot.

He got there at 8:30 and waited in line for an hour. He saw Privi Partisan .223 ammo for $800/1000 rounds. The aforementioned Federal .308 Match at $20 per box is gone. He bought 15 boxes and another guy bought the rest.

Insanity ensues...
I'm in the garage leaving now. It's a mess. Was parked on the 4th level. The show was a joke, waited in line an hour thirty, no MSRP prices, never mind deals.

Just finished up with the 2 shops close by. One had SKS rifles for a reasonable price. Cases of 7.62x54r? (Mosin ammo) for $163.

Both places stupid crowded!

Holy mother of god!....hahahaahahaha!

This is he first show I have missed in 11 years....I'm glad I did.

One guy up front did have gold medal match 308 for a buck a round which is surprisingly good considering the price of everything else.

That's dirt cheap compared to what they are over here and I'd guess that's a very good price for the U.S. as well. No wonder they were gone quickly.
ther that this, HOLY COW!!
Guess, the show provided a lot of customers for the local dealerships.

Last edited:
Buddy and I got to the show EARLY (two and a half hours almost) which turned out to be way too early, but we had no idea what to expect. No appreciable line formed up until around an hour and a half until opening. Getting there early also allowed us to find decent street parking next to the hotel instead of combating the parking garage.

Found some good deals despite all of the panic crap going on. Riley's table was selling Pmags for $20 a piece, they also had 5.56 75 gr TAP at reasonable prices, and 124 grain 9mm HST for $20 a box. Found a steal on some surplus M193 ammo in a 50 cal ammo can someone from a small table got from an estate sale. Just missed a sale on a new Ruger Mini14 581 series stainless rifle for $695 from the same table. Picked up a AK74 mag for $30 and someone had some surplus 5.45 ammo for $7.50 per 30 which wasn't too bad.

I went there and sold two PMags for $35 each (I saw them going for $50 to $65, but I didn't want to price gouge anyone, they cost me less than what I sold them for). I then left and went to a shop and bought an ASC stainless steel 30rd AR mag for $25 and 2 Thermold 30rds for $25 the pair. Went in with two mags, came home with three and made a profit.

The crowd is probably going to be full retard, so it won't really matter when, if you want to get in line before it curls into the parking garage show up at least an hour before the doors open.

If you're going to go at all my advice is to go in fast, early, and get the **** out. It is probably going to be full "roasted armpit stench" mode by 11 am or so. [laugh]

-Mike

confirmed

confirmed

Got there about 10:10. Entered the show at about 11:55. There were a few nice folks around me in the line so it wasn't so bad. I had to leave about 1:45 to get back to Watertown for a showing. Rushed a little but saw a few good things. Picked up a few accessories that I needed and picked up a little Harrington & Richardson with the C&R. I didn't even bother looking at ammo. Thought there were some decent guns in there. I'll be picking up my new AR tomorrow after they call and let me know I won the raffle.
I parked on the first floor of the garage and had no trouble getting in or out.

Buddy and I got to the show EARLY (two and a half hours almost) which turned out to be way too early, but we had no idea what to expect. No appreciable line formed up until around an hour and a half until opening. Getting there early also allowed us to find decent street parking next to the hotel instead of combating the parking garage.

Found some good deals despite all of the panic crap going on. Riley's table was selling Pmags for $20 a piece, they also had 5.56 75 gr TAP at reasonable prices, and 124 grain 9mm HST for $20 a box. Found a steal on some surplus M193 ammo in a 50 cal ammo can someone from a small table got from an estate sale. Just missed a sale on a new Ruger Mini14 581 series stainless rifle for $695 from the same table. Picked up a AK74 mag for $30 and someone had some surplus 5.45 ammo for $7.50 per 30 which wasn't too bad.

Also confirmed. The 9mm HST @ $20/box didn't last long. He had plenty of plain 100 rd cardboard boxes of factory Hornady 5.56 75gr TAP for $65 and 100 rd .40S&W Speer Gold Dot 180gr for $35!! The .308 Federal Match was $20/box but didn't last more than a couple hours. The dealer said he was saving more stock for Sunday, so if you're in the market it might pay off to get there early. He was directly to the left once through the door. Some preban AK mags for $30. Everything else was pretty inflated. Good luck!

Pinnacle Mountain knives is there. The bargain of the show. Holy crap, is he ever underpricing.

Otherwise, there's some OK stuff still there. The more obscure, the more likely it is to be priced reasonably, ammo included. Match ammo is maybe 10% higher than 5-6 mo ago. Heck, there were 3 boxes of Fiocchi .357mag practice ammo at $22 each. Not too crazy. The plain ole 5.56 at 80 cents a round, however...

Went at 2:30, waited 30 mins in line, show not mobbed or stinky by that point. Went to talk with Andy Langlois and see Pinnacle and a couple other knife guys. Anything decent firearms-related was a bonus.

Good show and was worth the wait. The long wait was because there was only ONE person taking money and another person stamping hands when you got to the door.
We went to see/gawk at any ourageous prices (AR-15 from the 70's for $2200 [rolleyes]) And we came home with a few finds for us. Nicole added about 20 cartouches to her collection and for short $. I got some .30-06 AP on enbloc clips, 4 mags for the BAR and wee each got some brass.

Nicole's trench art candlestick holders made from a 37 MM shell and a 50 BMG(?) shell,

View attachment 50021View attachment 50022View attachment 50023View attachment 50024

And I got a 5" Mark V shell,

View attachment 50025

Anybody see any bulk surplus powder, 223 heads or m1 carbine mags?

Still trying to decide if I want to drive 1 1/2 hrs, wait in line 1 1/2 hrs to be disapointed and be gassed out by body rot

Still trying to decide if I want to drive 1 1/2 hrs, wait in line 1 1/2 hrs to be disapointed and be gassed out by body rot

I saw a good number of M1 carbine mags. Some dealers were screwing around with $40 30's and $25-30 15's. I found 2 30's for $20 a piece and saw 15's for close to the same price.

Picked up 2 30 rounders for $20 and a sling +oiler for my Universal.

WMUR says 1000 people showed up.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Gu...ow/-/9857858/18108538/-/11mvrtaz/-/index.html

I didn't see myself in the video but I was the second one there at 6AM this morning.
About the 10th one paid to go in.

Yes some dealers were getting $65 for Pmags, but there was one who was
selling them at $20 each. You had to specifically ask him for them as they
were below the table to keep the mob at bay. I picked up 8 for myself.

Another dealer had a case of "new in box" GI issue metal 30rd mags that
they were claiming as preban and made in the 90's for the small sum of
$50 a pop! Glock 33rd mags for $90. (last ones I bought were $25 each.)

AR were running about $1300 and up. most in the $15-1600 range. I think
I saw one of the cheaper brands for about $800.I was only there for the
Pmags and I new if there were some to be had you had to get there early
to find any.

I left the show at 11am and the line still snaked down the side of the
convention center and back up, Through the breezeway past the Radisson
lobby, around the corner to the other conference rooms, Back to the lobby,
out the front door,then down to the street on the left of the hotel. A lot of
people. I forgot that i stopped for breakfast at the cafe so it was actually
closer to noon when I left.

I stopped by Shooters Outpost in Hooksett to check them out while I was up
in Manchester. They only had some tan Pmags left at $20 ea with a limit of
2 per purchaser. Sold out of them while I was there. They were very busy
too with about half the gun shelves bare. I saw some Fiocci 9MM 50rd box
there for $16.

Malodave

Last edited:
WMUR says 1000 people showed up.
Hahaha. I suppose... before they left at 10-11AM. 1000 would be low turnout to one of the shows before the freak-out.

There's powder and primers and component bullets and so on from the usual dealers, but a lot of popular rifle powders were sold out or just not there. If you reload shotgun for shooting skeet, this is your show. Saw Green and Red Dot at normal prices and a guy selling bags of once-fired Federal low brass hulls. Prices on the hulls were high; on the powder, good. Lots of Win 209 and CCI 209 primers at decent prices. Not so much the small rifle primers. Bleep-tons of component bullets in all calibers. NO 124gr jacketed 9mm component bullets.

Wow! Am I ever glad I decided to skip this one! Best decision I've made in a while...

Well, other than picking up the three AR stripped lowers during the group buy in September for $66 a piece....

Oh, and buying as much 5.56x45mm as possible before the election...

And completely building up the three AR's while parts were cheap and plentiful before December 14th.

Yes - a good decision right there.

That was my first New Hampshire gun show. A good time.

Thumbs up:

To the fun people we met in line.
To concessions being offered while waiting in line.
To the people ahead of us randomly deciding to pay our entry.
To all the polite and pleasant attendees and vendors.
To vendors being willing to haggle a bit.
To getting to fondle a Nighthawk...WANT....

Odd moments:

Seeing a book entitled "How to Teach Women to Shoot"...whaaat?
Being asked by the ladies at the SAS table "Have you ever shot?!" buwhahahhahahahha. An honest question, but funny to me anyway.
Watching the gun rights groups compete: "We are the no-comprise gun rights group!" "Well we are the most effective group!" I still don't know what's going on with all of this.
Cops offering to cut zip lines off the guns as people were leaving.

That was my first New Hampshire gun show. A good time.

Thumbs up:

To the fun people we met in line.
To concessions being offered while waiting in line.
To the people ahead of us randomly deciding to pay our entry.
To all the polite and pleasant attendees and vendors.
To vendors being willing to haggle a bit.
To getting to fondle a Nighthawk...WANT....

Odd moments:

Seeing a book entitled "How to Teach Women to Shoot"...whaaat?
Being asked by the ladies at the SAS table "Have you ever shot?!" buwhahahhahahahha. An honest question, but funny to me anyway.
Watching the gun rights groups compete: "We are the no-comprise gun rights group!" "Well we are the most effective group!" I still don't know what's going on with all of this.
Cops offering to cut zip lines off the guns as people were leaving.

You will like Concord better.

Anyone know what the deal is with the people at the door cutting off the white tags on purchased guns. I walked out and was accosted by two different people wanting the tag off the gun I bought. I thought the lady that ran me down was going to pop out a chicken right there in the lobby....she thought I slipped by her or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom