• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jamaica: Chinese businessman robbed of 14 Million even took his H&K

MONTEGO BAY, St James — The Trelawny police say they are following several leads into the reported robbery of cheques, United States and Jamaican currencies, totalling $14 million from a Chinese business.

The police theorise that the robbers, who travelled in a vehicle with flashing blue lights, trailed the businessman from the bordering parish of St James and held him up as he was about to enter his home in a Trelawny community.

“He is also reporting that the men posed as police officers [and] had one of those magnetic blue lights,” head of the Trelawny Police Divison Superintendent Kirk Ricketts told the Jamaica Observer yesterday.

“The investigation is in its early stage, but this is something that we are collaborating with our sister division and with the area crime officer,” Ricketts said yesterday.

According to a police source, the businessman also reported that the robbers stole his licensed Heckler & Kotch pistol, two magazines with 60 rounds of 9mm cartridges.

Nothing is sacred an H&K......

"the robbers stole his licensed Heckler & Kotch pistol, two magazines with 60 rounds of 9mm cartridges. "

2x 30 round mags?? Was this guy was carrying an mp5k?

IIRC Jamaica has/ had UK type gun control. It must be nice to be an "important" person.

$14m in cash takes up a lot of space, even it was all in $100 notes, that's still way more than a few duffle bags full.
The article said there were checks too, but realistically, what can the criminals do with the checks ???
I imagine once reported stolen, the checks would be cancelled by the banks.

"the robbers stole his licensed Heckler & Kotch pistol, two magazines with 60 rounds of 9mm cartridges. "

2x 30 round mags?? Was this guy was carrying an mp5k?

IIRC Jamaica has/ had UK type gun control. It must be nice to be an "important" person.

Jamaican Gun Laws are way better than the UK. It's the ammo they monitor and restrict.
My wife was in the middle of getting her JA Gun License, and I was toying with the idea of getting dual citizenship so I could get mine too.
My Mother-In-Law died last year, so I don't need to get it now.

$14 million JA is only worth about $100k US. Read an article about the latest Better Call Saul episode. $7 million US in $100 bills weighs 150lb & fits in 2 duffel bags 'Better Call Saul' Director Vince Gilligan Shares Car-Flipping, Urine-Drinking 'Bagman' Details

My Mother-In-Laws house has sold for $6,750,000.00

or $50,000.00 US [hmmm]

I thought I was the only NES'er to read the Observer, although I usually read the Gleaner/Star Magazine.

Here's one from the Star last month;

Man beaten after sneezing on bus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom