Ivana & her little sister.

Twigg

NES Member
Ok, I've caught the Milsurp bug (2 in 2 weeks). I went looking for more 7.62X54 and I found a common but nice Mosin-Nagant M44. Now I thought my first Mosin was nice but after spending some time on 7.62X54.net I have discovered she has been cobbled together from a mish-mash of parts from Izhevsk & Tula, but she shoots well and that's what really counts right ?

Meet Katya, She's a very nice 1948 M44 with the Izhevsk arsenal proofmark. This one does indeed have all matching numbers, no line outs. Receiver, bolt, buttplate, & stock all match. Can't find any trace of grind marks so it seems she's all original. Best of all the bore is bright & shiny.

I took some quick pics and am going to clean her up today.

View attachment 139

View attachment 140

View attachment 141

There. That's better. Sorry about the goofy links !

Last edited:
tele_mark said:
Oh my! I'm so there tomorrow!

Side note -- do you make custom stuff like that chair? I've been in the market for an outdoor cat tree for my enclosure for some time now.

Yes, and yes. That's why I'm "MrTwigg". [smile]

Here's their little cousins. No fancy backgrounds (I gotta fix that), no big stickers on the ends, but they sure can bark!

My 38 and 39

3839.jpg

Where can I get some stickers ?

Heres where their Russian, Chinese, Finnish, and Polish relatives sleep at my place.[smile] Their semi auto Russian big brother is the oddball of the bunch.

3450a230.jpg

ffabe680.jpg

Once Mosins invade your collection, you may find you need a safe just for them alone.
And Pigrim... you can get 91/30 spike bayonets from almost any online source for Mosins, plus repro M39 bayonets here and there. But I don't think the M38s ever had one.

MrTwigg said:
Milsurps 4 Me, I am soooo jealous ! [hmmm]

You'll have that many before ya know it. Especially when you find some as cheap as $75. Hell I used to spend that much on a night out years ago, but I'm older now and married so instead of bringing girls home, I'm bringing rifles home.[laugh]

Zero Hour just got a load of Mosins in M44 M38 91/30's and Turk Mauser and a Steyr M95.
Some look brand new, others look pretty old, the Mauser has a bayonet attached.
All of the guns are under 200. most under 150.

Back
Top Bottom