It's nearly Memorial Day and

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
and it was a nice day, so I took some pictures. Whenever I pick them up, I wonder who held. and used these for us.

Dad and Son ..an April 1944 Springfield Garand and an early (first 77,000) Winchester Carbine. For you purists, the carbine has been upgraded with a later sight and safety. It does have the correct I cut High wood stock and type I barrel band.
2m1s.jpg

50 years of American battle rifles.
50years_1.jpg

I don't think I'd like to run into the sticker on the 1917..it is huge!

another one closer up.
50years_2.jpg

top to bottom:
1944 Garand
1943 Winchester carbine
1917 Eddystone
1903a3 Remington
1898 Springfield Krag

Last edited:
nice collection...american milsurps are so effin expensive...you need a 1903 in there though...thats one of the nicest 1917s ive seen...i need to stop collecting black rifles and get back into the milsurps...why dont you really complete the set with the thompson four seasons has for sale[wink]

blood hound said:
nice collection...american milsurps are so effin expensive...you need a 1903 in there though...thats one of the nicest 1917s ive seen...i need to stop collecting black rifles and get back into the milsurps...why dont you really complete the set with the thompson four seasons has for sale[wink]

Why would I want to use the 4 seasons Thompson?...... I already have one ! [smile]

I didn't include it as it has a 'civilian' front grip. When I get the military grip, it will be included.

tommy2.jpg

I've got my eye out for a 1903 but I want want with the early fingergrip stock. Haven't found an affordable one yet.

I already have one

haha niiiiice...hows that thing shoot??? my friend was gonna get one but now hes on the AR bandwagon...collecotrs has a nice one for sale...im not a fan of the bonny and clyde front grip either...or the drum mag...i like the looks of the stick mag way better

I didn't really look at the pictures as pictures, that is the coloring, placement and stuff. I was just interested in getting some good shots of my babies. But now that you mention it, they do look pretty darned good! Thanks for the compliments.

The Thompson is really fun to shoot. Virtually no recoil because the thing weighs over 13 pounds ! It's a real eye catcher at the range.

I'd like the front grip if I had a drum mag but it looks kinda funny with the stick and that grip. If I get the militarty grip AND a drum, then I can swap things around and have in effect two guns .

If I want to show it off as military I can and also can swap parts to show it off as the Chicago typewriter.

I haven't gotten onto the AR bandwagon yet. They just don't appeal to me and they're everywhere. Go to the range and you'll always see AR's but never a Tommy !

Back
Top Bottom