It Passed the CT Senate, House to Vote Tonight...

[h=1]Connecticut Senate Votes For Sweeping Gun Curbs; House Passage Expected[/h]Color me not shocked. House is expected to pass it tonight. A great quote from a Democrat:

"Senator Catherine Osten, A Democrat who represents a rural stretch of eastern Connecticut, said she supported elements of the bill but could not support adding new regulations on people who follow the law.

"I also cried when those children dies that day, as everyone here did, and if I could assure those parents that this legislation would stop that from happening again, I would vote yes," she said."

If it is a mental health issue, why is the bill not making more room for the whack jobs out there in hospitals and addressing the root cause of the problem.
Ah, right...I forgot. When a gun is used, all logic flies out the window.

Connecticut Senate Votes For Sweeping Gun Curbs; House Passage Expected

Color me not shocked. House is expected to pass it tonight. A great quote from a Democrat:

"Senator Catherine Osten, A Democrat who represents a rural stretch of eastern Connecticut, said she supported elements of the bill but could not support adding new regulations on people who follow the law.

"I also cried when those children dies that day, as everyone here did, and if I could assure those parents that this legislation would stop that from happening again, I would vote yes," she said."

colorinig you shocked.

you live next to NY where Blumberg rules the life so i will not be surprised in any outcome

If it is a mental health issue, why is the bill not making more room for the whack jobs out there in hospitals and addressing the root cause of the problem.
Ah, right...I forgot. When a gun is used, all logic flies out the window.
You may be on to something there... are you suggesting we sentence these whackjob mass shooters to be held at a mental institution... disarm them all, declare a gun free zone, and draw a lot to give one of them as many 30 round mags as he wants?

We could call it the Patient Occupational Rehab and Detention Limitation Act of 2013. Sounds like a piece of legislation that would be worth reading.

You may be on to something there... are you suggesting we sentence these whackjob mass shooters to be held at a mental institution... disarm them all, declare a gun free zone, and draw a lot to give one of them as many 30 round mags as he wants?

We could call it the Patient Occupational Rehab and Detention Limitation Act of 2013. Sounds like a piece of legislation that would be worth reading.

:)

If you vote Democrat , you're voting against your gun rights !
Fact
And the people of CT voted D by a landslide so they get what they deserve I guess.
What you will tolerate you condone.

smitty

That dissenting democrat will be expunged by her party soon I'm sure. Must have read the handbook wrong

A good friend of mine was a Hartford native, and passed away in September. He had been in the antique business for years, and was very knowledgeable about guns, especially collectibles.

He pretty much shook the dirt from his feet when he moved to NH, but he still had sisters there. He would have hated to see this. Crusty and cynical old SOB that he was, he wouldn't have been surprised, but it still would hurt him to see this happen in the land of Colt.

I grew up in CT. watched it go completely in the dumps over he past40-45 years, slow motion, but it has finally almost swirled down the bowl. I am so happy we left on March 1st and opened a new chapter of our lives here in the south.

If you vote Democrat , you're voting against your gun rights !
Fact
And the people of CT voted D by a landslide so they get what they deserve I guess.
What you will tolerate you condone.

smitty

In all fairness to MY rep., Danny Rovero, a democrat, who voted NO, I just want to publicly thank him for standing up for my rights.

Rest of them can burn in Hell though.

I grew up in CT. watched it go completely in the dumps over he past40-45 years, slow motion, but it has finally almost swirled down the bowl. I am so happy we left on March 1st and opened a new chapter of our lives here in the south.

My father's mother's family came to town around 1698, on a land grant from the King. I'm the last of 'em still here, and before the year's out should be a resident of New Hampshire.

When we first went to see the land we ultimately bought, I rode with our agent. She asked me why I wanted to move to New Hampshire. I told her I didn't. What I wanted to do is move to my town in Connecticut, fifty years ago. Unfortunately I don't happen to have a time machine handy.

In all fairness to MY rep., Danny Rovero, a democrat, who voted NO, I just want to publicly thank him for standing up for my rights.

Rest of them can burn in Hell though.

Even if he voted right here, his first vote of the new session was for the leadership positions. So his first vote was to install liberal dems in leadership. Same thing in DC. A moderate D who is good on guns put harry reid, schumer, durbin, etc in their position.

I was born in CT and moved back and forth between MA and CT with my parents several times but have been here since '68

BUT is there much difference between CT and MA re gun laws? I am sure Linsky and the rest are having a sexual experience seeing these laws passed

With NY and CO and CT gone will MA be far behind? remember it is for the children!

I was born in CT and moved back and forth between MA and CT with my parents several times but have been here since '68

BUT is there much difference between CT and MA re gun laws? I am sure Linsky and the rest are having a sexual experience seeing these laws passed

With NY and CO and CT gone will MA be far behind? remember it is for the children!
NY, CA, CT, CO, RI and MA are/have been gone, Its who is going to fall in line next or who will try to outdo the other. It's pretty much to the point of which state is going to try actual physical confiscation, there has to be someone with the screw completely loose to go to this next step. Maybe Oblama is pushing one of his minions along to see what the result will be, if minimal casualties, take it national.

she is looking to be reelected by doing her constituents bidding, i would vote for osama bin laden (ALKDA-CT) if he represented my rights,
That dissenting democrat will be expunged by her party soon I'm sure. Must have read the handbook wrong

Connecticut is Toast. We have some of the most convoluted and dangerous laws on the books. No more AR-15s or iterations of them can ever be brought into the state nor can we buy one locally. What we have must be registered. Ammo will require background checks so don't come here to Cabela's to buy ammo, fellas. It's my understanding that without that background check and certificate you'll be denied.

Rome

Connecticut is Toast. We have some of the most convoluted and dangerous laws on the books. No more AR-15s or iterations of them can ever be brought into the state nor can we buy one locally. What we have must be registered. Ammo will require background checks so don't come here to Cabela's to buy ammo, fellas. It's my understanding that without that background check and certificate you'll be denied.

Rome
I dont see where the ar15 is banned. I saw the "copy/duplicate" wording. i did not see it banned by type like the ak47 in 1993? we will have to make featureless ARs in the future like the ones in the motherland of CA.

Osten voted no
It's never been Republican vs Democrat when it comes to gun rights here in CT
I just did my tally
Senate 26-10: of the nays 2 Democrats & 8 Republicans voted against the bill
House 103-46: of the nays 14 Democrats & 32 Republicans voted against the bill

Some of the Democrats in this state stood by gun owners

Some of those people that voted for SB1160 were A rated by the NRA prior to this
My two, who both voted for SB1160:
Sen Doyle-D had an A rating
Rep Carpino-R had at least a B+ rating

Back
Top Bottom