It Passed the CT Senate, House to Vote Tonight...

Sadly, the AR-15 is banned from future purchases. If you own one now you'll be able to register it and keep it but you can't sell it within the state, only through an FFL out of state. If you move to CT, you will NOT be able to bring your AR with you; you'll have to sell it or demill it, no other choice. This is why this bill so draconian. It's really scorched-earth with only confiscation being worse. That, too, was discussed and (as I report in another post) there was a huge argument during the caucus discussions and some very liberal democrats walked out of the talks because confiscation of both the rifles AND mags was off the table. That's how bad it got. Of course once registered, these rifles would be easy to find for a confiscation. And, unlike the past when the AK47 clones were required to be "registered", confiscation was the only thing to happen if it was found out that you hadn't registered your rifle. Now there's a prison rap.

Rome

Even if he voted right here, his first vote of the new session was for the leadership positions. So his first vote was to install liberal dems in leadership. Same thing in DC. A moderate D who is good on guns put harry reid, schumer, durbin, etc in their position.

Exactly!

Not to mention, but many Democrats are "moderate" on issues that are certain to pass, because their leadership allows them to be. In districts where they could face a challenge from a Republican, they will cast a dissenting vote against their party, to appease the voters.

But when push comes to shove on passage of a tight bill, they'll vote with their party.

Sadly, the AR-15 is banned from future purchases. If you own one now you'll be able to register it and keep it but you can't sell it within the state, only through an FFL out of state. If you move to CT, you will NOT be able to bring your AR with you; you'll have to sell it or demill it, no other choice. This is why this bill so draconian. It's really scorched-earth with only confiscation being worse. That, too, was discussed and (as I report in another post) there was a huge argument during the caucus discussions and some very liberal democrats walked out of the talks because confiscation of both the rifles AND mags was off the table. That's how bad it got. Of course once registered, these rifles would be easy to find for a confiscation. And, unlike the past when the AK47 clones were required to be "registered", confiscation was the only thing to happen if it was found out that you hadn't registered your rifle. Now there's a prison rap.

Rome

So when does the first offensive begin? I would suggest multiple, simultaneous strikes to elicit mass confusion and panic. Just kidding of course. Maybe.

Cabinetman is correct. All AR's are now banned in CT.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you register a magazine? I can't tell one from the other.

My guess is you'll have to submit how many you have and allow random searches of your home, similar to how the BATFE has access to all FFL locations.

Home searches are the ONLY way to enforce it.

It starting to look more and more like in a few decades as current gun owners die off and can't transfer their guns, there will be a great divide between the haves (South, Midwest) and the have nots (Northeast, CA). If there ever is another civil war, the haves will have won before it started as all the guns and gun manufacturers will be in those states. The irony will not be lost on those in the South that the North was the cause of their own demise. Cotton was once KING...now it will be guns.

Cabinetman is correct. All AR's are now banned in CT.

My guess is you'll have to submit how many you have and allow random searches of your home, similar to how the BATFE has access to all FFL locations.

Home searches are the ONLY way to enforce it.

Well this should be interesting. [sad2]

I can't see any higher level court condoning random searches of individual's homes when they have not done anything wrong. Then again, DHS and the Patriot Act both exist.

FFLs already have this. Registration is voluntary, since they give you the option of turning in or demilling the guns. Therefore you are choosing to go along with the law by submitting to registration. They'll use that as justification just like they do will FFLs.

It will stand.

Government doesn't care what we think is OK. They pass laws and know of only one way to enforce them, stomping their boot on your throat.

FFLs already have this. Registration is voluntary, since they give you the option of turning in or demilling the guns. Therefore you are choosing to go along with the law by submitting to registration. They'll use that as justification just like they do will FFLs.

It will stand.

FFL is a business though, and the record review is a condition of their license.

For an individual, the state would effectively be requiring you either to waive your fourth amendment right or take your property under 5A. Either of which would violate the Constitution. Never seen a case where blanket waiver of 4A was valid - specific 4A waiver might be in some instances.

- - - Updated - - -

please tell me that there is going to be some legal challenges to this

I am sure there will be. So don't go selling all your ARs in the next few days...unless you sell them at a great discount to me.

All gun laws already violate the constitution.

TSA violates it every day too.

Government doesn't care and neither do the courts.

Your move.

All gun laws already violate the constitution.

TSA violates it every day too.

Government doesn't care and neither do the courts.

Your move.

That is the beauty of the issue for SCOTUS. They could address the 4A issue and not even touch the 2A issue - essentially a ruling that "We do not comment on the constitutionality of the law under 2A but find it is not permissible for a state to force a prospective 4A waiver of rights on its citizens." SCOTUS still cares about 4A more than 2A.

No worries CTers all those pro2a cops won't enforce any of these new laws. Right officers? You are still pro2a correct? Resigning soon?

Looks like Primus is hosting training classes now.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-03-23%2520at%25209.15.48%2520PM.png

Introduction to AR-15 platform class

If this happened so quickly and easily in CT, I doubt it will be long before it flows over into MA. Fortunately we are seriously planning for a move this year. I'm going to tell my wife that my life depends on it now because either this stress of seeing this shit erode daily is going to cause my heart to fail, or I'm going to die going to war. One way, or another things won't end well if we stay here.[angry]

Back
Top Bottom