It begins.... change.gov

Black Jesus is offensive to me on many levels, too. Oh, you mean the term. I recommend a thicker skin. I'm not looking to win any hearts and minds.

you should be. We're outnumbered in the general population ofAmericans. We're a minority in this country & as such will be subject to the tyranny of the majority until we do something about that. Step 1 is educating said majority that their beliefs on gun ownership is crap fed to them by a partisan media. We're not going to convince Sally Soccer Mom a new AWB is a bad idea with that kind of rehetoric. Until we DO convince Sally Soccer Mom we're going to be looking over our shoulders for the next attempt to subvert the 2nd Ammendment.

Ever hear 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'?

Never let your enemy know what you're thinking.

you should be. We're outnumbered in the general population ofAmericans. We're a minority in this country & as such will be subject to the tyranny of the majority until we do something about that. Step 1 is educating said majority that their beliefs on gun ownership is crap fed to them by a partisan media. We're not going to convince Sally Soccer Mom a new AWB is a bad idea with that kind of rehetoric. Until we DO convince Sally Soccer Mom we're going to be looking over our shoulders for the next attempt to subvert the 2nd Ammendment.

Exactly, we're now a minority. And we're about to get squashed by a majority, either because they are anti- or don't care. Unfortunately some of *us* are in the majority that don't care. The people who are just hunters.

"Sally Soccer Mom" in PA sure knows what the real deal is.

One real issue with organizing protests are people work. This makes it hard to get a protest in order unless people can all get the same day/time off. If word gets out that you are taking work off to go to a gun rally, it could go bad for the future of your career.

I for one would attend any gun rally in MA (unarmed like a sheep but I'll have signs!) or NH (armed to the teeth but no one but me and you will know).

Think he'll really listen to us? I don't think we're the people he's looking for.

I don't think she was advocating we march armed [grin] In DC, that might prove problematic given the gun laws. I think she meant more along the lines of 'Million Gun Owner's March' or 'Million 2A Supporter's March'

I think she was and to be honest, it's the only thing that would change the course. If a million armed citizens showed up in D.C. as Congress drafts anti gun legislation what would they do? They couldn't stop it, but would call it an armed attempt to overthrow the Gov't. We'd call it a revolution. Seeing there'd be no way in hell to keep it a secret, I'm sure the National Guard would be called up. The outcome could either end peacefully or there'd be bloodshed on a mass scale.

This is an unfortunate statement, but I don't think it could be pulled off as most gunowners bury their head in the sand and deny it could happen or are just to lazy to do anything about it.

If a million armed citizens showed up in D.C. as Congress drafts anti gun legislation what would they do? They couldn't stop it, but would call it an armed attempt to overthrow the Gov't. We'd call it a revolution. Seeing there'd be no way in hell to keep it a secret, I'm sure the National Guard would be called up.

What do you think the NG or anyone could do against a million armed people?

While I agree with the sentiment, calling him Black Jesus is offensive to me on many levels - the foremost as a Christian.

That being said, remember, this is his wishlist. He's got an anti-gun agenda - big surprise. Is this going to suck? Oh yes. Are we under seige as gun-owners? Oh yes. What do we do?

First, take a look at the other issues on his wishlist. We're focusing on the gun piece because, let's face it, we're a single-issue community. You have to HUNT to find the gun piece buried as a piece of his larger agenda. He's got so much crap on there I'd be very surprised if his gun issues are a high priority right now. He's facing a war and an economy in shambles. If he doesn't fix that right away he's toast in 2012. He's not going to spend political capital on a minor piece - so we have some time to work.

1) Vote pro-gun candidates to congress. He can't do much w/o congressional backing. He's got it for the next 2 years, VOTE in 2010.

2) Join the NRA. Join GOAL, Join whatever pro-gun PAC you prefer but JOIN!

3) Get active in pro-gun activities. Educate the populace. Show them that guns aren't as scary as they think and that not all gun owners are gang-bangers or wild-eyed crazies.

We're scared right now and we're angry. OK. Remember though, if you let your fear make you strident and if you go around in public uttering phrases like 'Black Jesus' or other stuff from talk radio you're not going to win any hearts and minds.

IMHO Obama will not be able to fix the economy that easily, the president has less real world control over that than people realize. Mark my words, Obama will be a single term president. All the people who voted for himm because it made racial history never actually heard what he wanted to do. Once they what he does, confidence will be lost and support for Obama will waiver.

Pogo_-_Earth_Day_1971_poster.jpg

All they have to do is visit any one of the many firearms sites and read what is posted on the open forums.

Unfortunately there is no really other way to organize a 'million' people.

It would be nearly impossible to get an organized group of armed people. It would have to be unarmed, but it wouldn't have the same impact.

However *if* an AWB passes, I'm working on plans to have an OC 'assault weapon' protest in Concord, NH.

Unfortunately there is no really other way to organize a 'million' people.

It would be nearly impossible to get an organized group of armed people. It would have to be unarmed, but it wouldn't have the same impact.

However *if* an AWB passes, I'm working on plans to have an OC 'assault weapon' protest in Concord, NH.

That would be nice. I'd attend.

And, of course, it would be a peaceful demonstration with all laws and ordinances followed.

That would be nice. I'd attend.

And, of course, it would be a peaceful demonstration with all laws and ordinances followed.

My plan and hope is it will be a peaceful demonstration with all laws and ordinances followed.

What the police/FBI/BATFE/SS/CIA/NSA/NG/etc do... I don't know.... but if I'm acting peacefully within the bounds of the law and if anyone, anyone attacks me, I defend myself.

Not surprisingly, someone needs a civics lesson. Presidents don't get to "repeal" amendments to existing legislation. Perhaps he will oppose the amendment next year, but, of course, that doesn't sound like something Black Jesus would be limited to.

WTF was that about?[rolleyes]

If this is the type of degenerate comments we are going to get on NES for the next 4 or 8 years, we will be playing into the anti's hands oh so effectively. Black Jesus...for crying out loud, can you imagine what the anti's would do with something like like? "Look at all the bitter gun nuts..." [laugh]

I dislike W intensely as President, but I still respect the office of the President. Salute the flag, salute the office of the President of the USA, and get on with being an activist to support and demonstrate that gun owners are responsible, intelligent , thoughtful people, not some nutcase minority fringe, relegated the outside edge of mainstream society, dragging their knuckles on the ground with tobacco juice running down their chins.

Black Jesus - can you just imagine a Boston Globe report "Racist Gun owners forum declares Obama "Black Jesus""...Don't for one moment think everyone on this forum is pro gun or 2A...

President Elect Obama has a less than friendly approach to the 2A...It's up to us to be intelligent in how we maintain our rights to KABA. Using that type of language is stupid for one, and highly offensive to Christians like me.

My plan and hope is it will be a peaceful demonstration with all laws and ordinances followed.

What the police/FBI/BATFE/SS/CIA/NSA/NG/etc do... I don't know.... but if I'm acting peacefully within the bounds of the law and if anyone, anyone attacks me, I defend myself.

This will only have an effect if you have a good amount of supporting cast with you. Otherwise you'd be labelled as a crazed lone gunman with a vendetta.

This is the first option.

There is a good chance it will be too late.

What do you think the NG or anyone could do against a million armed people?

Oh, and by the way, if there is anyone on this forum naive enough to think that the NSA, CIA, FBI do not monitor traffic for this type of rhetoric, you may have a rude awakening.

Umm, conspiracy to commit treason....

If this is the type of degenerate comments we are going to get on NES for the next 4 or 8 years, we will be playing into the anti's hands oh so effectively. Black Jesus...for crying out loud, can you imagine what the anti's would do with something like like? "Look at all the bitter gun nuts..." [laugh]

I dislike W intensely as President, but I still respect the office of the President. Salute the flag, salute the office of the President of the USA, and get on with being an activist to support and demonstrate that gun owners are responsible, intelligent , thoughtful people, not some nutcase minority fringe, relegated the outside edge of mainstream society, dragging their knuckles on the ground with tobacco juice running down their chins.

Black Jesus - can you just imagine a Boston Globe report "Racist Gun owners forum declares Obama "Black Jesus""...Don't for one moment think everyone on this forum is pro gun or 2A...

President Elect Obama has a less than friendly approach to the 2A...It's up to us to be intelligent in how we maintain our rights to KABA. Using that type of language is stupid for one, and highly offensive to Christians like me.

Think I made that up? You flatter me, and you need to get out more. I'm not worried about the Boston Globe getting it wrong, either. They probably get out and read, too.

Michelle Malkin's comments, there are many others

Your comment that "President Elect Obama has a less than friendly approach to the 2A" proves to me that you've bought into the lies. "Less than friendly?" Yeah, and MA has "less than friendly" gun laws.

As for all your ranting about "respecting the office," I guess I'll throw in with Ann Colter's latest point:

For now, we have a new president-elect. In the spirit of reaching across the aisle, we owe it to the Democrats to show their president the exact same kind of respect and loyalty that they have shown our recent Republican president.

Starting tomorrow, if not sooner.

Sauce for the goose...

Last edited:
Obviously everyone's blood is boiling and tempers, especially intenet forum rage, are flaring, but we need to remember that we are all on the same side. Our opponents are most likely monitoring and laughing at us as they know we're divided on many levels. If anything, we need to go the other way if we have any chance.

Obviously everyone's blood is boiling and tempers, especially intenet forum rage, are flaring, but we need to remember that we are all on the same side. Our opponents are most likely monitoring and laughing at us as they know we're divided on many levels. If anything, we need to go the other way if we have any chance.

+1

This will only have an effect if you have a good amount of supporting cast with you. Otherwise you'd be labelled as a crazed lone gunman with a vendetta.

I'd guess there would be at least 6-12 people 'supporting', with 3-6 actually carrying as well. Some of the other people might be carrying non 'AW'. And a number of people would have video cameras as well.

I think she was and to be honest, it's the only thing that would change the course. If a million armed citizens showed up in D.C. as Congress drafts anti gun legislation what would they do? They couldn't stop it, but would call it an armed attempt to overthrow the Gov't. We'd call it a revolution. Seeing there'd be no way in hell to keep it a secret, I'm sure the National Guard would be called up. The outcome could either end peacefully or there'd be bloodshed on a mass scale.

This already kinda happened once before.... Different grievance, less people... don't think they
were armed, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_army

Obviously a million guys with rifles is a bit different.... I don't think the outcome would be pretty, though.

Dollars to doughnuts though, says the gov would probably just summarily arrest the people planning the
rally, under the guise of "domestic terrorism" or some BS like that. Organizers would get arrested and it'd all go out with a whimper.

FWIW what about an unarmed protest? Less likely to attract bad attention, overall. Problem would be getting enough people that gave a crap.

-Mike

Last edited:
Think I made that up? You flatter me, and you need to get out more. I'm not worried about the Boston Globe getting it wrong, either. They probably get out and read, too.

Michelle Malkin's comments, there are many others

Your comment that "President Elect Obama has a less than friendly approach to the 2A" proves to me that you've bought into the lies. "Less than friendly?" Yeah, and MA has "less than friendly" gun laws.

As for all your ranting about "respecting the office," I guess I'll throw in with Ann Colter's latest point:

Sauce for the goose...

My comment was not a rant re the POTUS. It's not about who is in office ( unless proven to be a crook - like Nixon) it's the position we salute, not the man or woman behind the oval office desk.

I'm over educated enough to see what each side of the argument is, and make an informed decision as how to best support our rights under the second amendment, which will include a measured and careful use of my words on this public forum. The anti crowd are probably wetting themselves laughing at all the "gun nuts" arguing amongst themselves and running around like headless chickens .

We need to pull together in the face of "all their lies" and have a thoughtful and unified pressure group to prevent any erosion of our RTKBA. Support GOAL, get active, and be smart about how we talk and act on this subject. We cannot afford to give the anti crowd any wedge to drive into our rights. Reading this type of thread, that's exactly what we are doing.

This already kinda happened once before.... Different grievance, less people... don't think they
were armed, though.

Obviously a million guys with rifles is a bit different.... I don't think the outcome would be pretty, though.

-Mike

Didn't know about that - Thanks Mike, very informative, and sobering[thinking]

were armed, though.

Dollars to doughnuts though, says the gov would probably just summarily arrest the people planning the
rally, under the guise of "domestic terrorism" or some BS like that. Organizers would get arrested and it'd all go out with a whimper.

FWIW what about an unarmed protest? Less likely to attract bad attention, overall. Problem would be getting enough people that gave a crap.

-Mike

Definitely will be doing unarmed protests when legislation comes up to start. But if an AWB does pass or gets enough momentum, armed might come into affect.

Definitely will be doing unarmed protests when legislation comes up to start. But if an AWB does pass or gets enough momentum, armed might come into affect.

Gotta stock up on 30 rounders and ammo.... maybe some PVC... [thinking] I think a lot of people will be having unfortunate boating accidents if one passes.

I think you are a little out of touch. What exactly would the anti's do with that that they haven't already done with anything that gunowners say or don't say? Please go ahead and explain.

And what world are you living in where you think that is going to make mainstream media or even coffe shop talk? Even if you write for the globe or something and you do an article on a NES member calling obama "black Jesus" You can expect that your not going to be working very long. You might as well write about something more exiting, like dirt.

Then that leaves us the question of how bad of an insult "black Jesus" is. Is comparing obama to the Christian Messiah all that bad of a thing? Or suggesting that others are doing so? How is that an insult in any way?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom