Issued a LTC A no restrictions in Everett but moving to Peabody...

JRL

I originally got my LTC A from Everett but am now buying a house in Peabody and I am wondering if I will be restricted upon renewal, does anyone have any experience with Peabody and/or moving to peabody with an LTC A and renewing?

I originally got my LTC A from Everett but am now buying a house in Peabody and I am wondering if I will be restricted upon renewal, does anyone have any experience with Peabody and/or moving to peabody with an LTC A and renewing?

From what I've seen of Peabody LTCs, they are unpredictable in their issuing. Some people have unrestricted while others don't. What it seems like to me is if you know someone, or have a "good" reason (in Peabody's eyes) then you ll be unrestricted. Other then that they throw on Target, sport and all that BS.

I have familial ties to peabody and it's pd and I concur with dench. It is 75/25 (25 being what you are looking for) right now what you get. Having it previously is a benefit, but be prepared to justify keeping it. If you are too far along, you may want to look at middleton instead. BTW: There is not one issued green card in Peabody and as long as Champagne is chief, there won't be.

Thanks terraformer and dench. can you clarify what you mean by "there is not one issued green card"? I hope having an LTC A already will help but it sounds like you both are saying I need to know someone. I dont have to renew for 5 years, maybe things will change by then, i jsut wanted to know what i am getting myself into by moving to peabody.

Green cards are machine gun permits. The treatment of those can be an indicator of their thoughts on the second amendment in general.

I say you got a 50/50 shot at keeping the unrestricted permit if you already have it. I might even go as far to say you have slightly better than 50% at keeping it unrestricted. It is a toss up. I can think of 3 people who live in Peabody and have unrestricted permits. Unfortunately they aren't good examples seeing 2 out of the 3 are business owners and the 3rd is an armorer at one of the local gun shops.

For what its worth the 2 business owners get crap. One is my best friend and the other is my fathers boss. My friend is on his first issued license and he had to jump through hoops giving references, getting documents typed up on company letterhead etc. His license was issued and printed by the CHSB in August of 08. The Peabody PD called him to pick it up at the end of December 08. During that time frame my friend called here and there a few times to check on the status. Their answer was they were waiting for whoever to sign off on it. obviously they gave him the run around. The reason we know they had it in august was that its printed right on the face of the card. He applied in July. He has not had to reapply jet since they are 6yr permits so we will see if that goes smoother.

My fathers boss (the owner of the business) has had his for years and gets crap every time he goes to apply. The have always renewed it though. His business is in Lynn so even if they didn't renew it Lynn would give him an unrestricted permit no problem.

Take that for what its worth. If your into guns and re not LEO or a business owner stay the hell out of Peabody. There are plenty of other nice cities and towns in the area that are "green and won't give you the run around."

Last edited:

Well.... I applied for my LTC A back and Feb and STILL have not gotten any answer nor can I get anyone to call me back. Not sure about the renewal. A good friend of mine originally got his LTC A Restricted in Revere, moved here last week and did the change of address easy enough but then again, that doesn't really answer your question.

I say you got a 50/50 shot at keeping the unrestricted permit if you already have it. I might even go as far to say you have slightly better than 50% at keeping it unrestricted. It is a toss up. I can think of 3 people who live in Peabody and have unrestricted permits. Unfortunately they aren't good examples seeing 2 out of the 3 are business owners and the 3rd is an armorer at one of the local gun shops.

For what its worth the 2 business owners get crap. One is my best friend and the other is my fathers boss. My friend is on his first issued license and he had to jump through hoops giving references, getting documents typed up on company letterhead etc. His license was issued and printed by the CHSB in August of 08. The Peabody PD called him to pick it up at the end of December 08. During that time frame my friend called here and there a few times to check on the status. Their answer was they were waiting for whoever to sign off on it. obviously they gave him the run around. The reason we know they had it in august was that its printed right on the face of the card. He applied in July. He has not had to reapply jet since they are 6yr permits so we will see if that goes smoother.

My fathers boss (the owner of the business) has had his for years and gets crap every time he goes to apply. The have always renewed it though. His business is in Lynn so even if they didn't renew it Lynn would give him an unrestricted permit no problem.

Take that for what its worth. If your into guns and re not LEO or a business owner stay the hell out of Peabody. There are plenty of other nice cities and towns in the area that are "green and won't give you the run around."

Uggggg.... seems like my situation is not unique in this town...

Well.... I applied for my LTC A back and Feb and STILL have not gotten any answer nor can I get anyone to call me back. Not sure about the renewal. A good friend of mine originally got his LTC A Restricted in Revere, moved here last week and did the change of address easy enough but then again, that doesn't really answer your question.

yeah, the process for changing your address has no bearing on the rest as it does not change anything except your address....

Back
Top Bottom