• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Isn't This A Damm Shame

If the police are going to take someone into custody, they darn sure better better protect them until they are convicted of their crimes. What if he had been arrested for OUI? Shoplifting?

Instead, the cops bring the guy in then kill him? I hope they find the person who did this and punish him to the full extent of the law. He certainly shouldn't be wearing a uniform.

As much as I don't mourn the loss of a dirtbag, I DO mourn the loss of our civil rights.

These guards are going to lose their livelihoods and possibly face murder charges for someone who was a surefire conviction for vehicular homicide. They should have just let him get convicted. While I agree he was a failure of a human being the guards who did this have also failed.

If the police are going to take someone into custody, they darn sure better better protect them until they are convicted of their crimes. What if he had been arrested for OUI? Shoplifting?

Instead, the cops bring the guy in then kill him? I hope they find the person who did this and punish him to the full extent of the law. He certainly shouldn't be wearing a uniform.

As much as I don't mourn the loss of a dirtbag, I DO mourn the loss of our civil rights.

wait a sec, do you think it was a corrections officer who did it?

perhaps I am missing something but was any general population able to get access to this guy, or jsut LEO?

wait a sec, do you think it was a corrections officer who did it?

perhaps I am missing something but was any general population able to get access to this guy, or jsut LEO?

It's pretty clear both from this article and the several that I read yesterday that the only ones who had free access to the cell (yes, seems it was individual) were in the employ of the town/state/municipality.

ETA:
Officers involved in monitoring the inmate told Knowles that they came to feed White, tapped on the window and yelled through a slot in the door, but White didn't reply. They went in and shook White, but he didn't respond, Knowles said.
White had been held by himself in maximum security since he arrived at the jail around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
White received medical and psychological assessments that jail officials said did not uncover any problems. He was placed in a maximum security cell because he was considered a "high profile offender."

No mention of an autopsy. Article does mention "no trauma". How did they come to the conclusion it was strangulation?

It's pretty clear both from this article and the several that I read yesterday that the only ones who had free access to the cell (yes, seems it was individual) were in the employ of the town/state/municipality.

ETA:

ahhh ok, I misread. thanks!

Precisely. Who ever he was, whatever kind of scumbag he was, he deserved to face a jury of his peers. That is simply another element of the framework of our great country. I believe the right to due process was equally important to the founding fathers as the right to keep and bear arms. Despite the antipathy I feel towards this looser, If I selectively choose to support the constitutional protections that appeal to me, I am no better than the antis whose inconsistent and thoughtless behavior I deplore.

Ok, I'm done with the soapbox.

Precisely. Who ever he was, whatever kind of scumbag he was, he deserved to face a jury of his peers. That is simply another element of the framework of our great country. I believe the right to due process was equally important to the founding fathers as the right to keep and bear arms. Despite the antipathy I feel towards this looser [sic], If I selectively choose to support the constitutional protections that appeal to me, I am no better than the antis whose inconsistent and thoughtless behavior I deplore.

Precisely.

You, Beansie and Martlet "get it."

You realize that this guy was in the custody of the Dept. of Corrections, NOT the PG police, right?

Precisely. Who ever he was, whatever kind of scumbag he was, he deserved to face a jury of his peers. That is simply another element of the framework of our great country. I believe the right to due process was equally important to the founding fathers as the right to keep and bear arms. Despite the antipathy I feel towards this looser, If I selectively choose to support the constitutional protections that appeal to me, I am no better than the antis whose inconsistent and thoughtless behavior I deplore.

Ok, I'm done with the soapbox.

Wow......I don't think I could express my opinion on this any better than you have already done here.

Back
Top Bottom