• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is the Kimber Life Act "Guardian Angel" OC spray MA legal??

I was looking for an OC Spray option for my wife and I that would be easy to use, safe and effective. based on the mechanism of this Kimber product however, I am not sure if this option is legal to possess in MA. From what I understand, the unit has 2 cartridges that fire the chemical as a projectile. If this is not an option for us in MA, is there a specific recommendation anyone could offer?

Thanks in advance! below is a link to the product info and site.

http://www.life-act.com/guardianangel.php

Spit-Fire makes an excellent OC that fits right on the keychain. Works pretty good too. I tested it on myself, and man did that s*ck. Hope your wife also has a FID-restricted at least.

spray

Evening all. I do know you need a FID to buy and carry. I'd check with your local PD on a specific unit. I'm sure they have a list. Also your local FFL dealer should know... Merry Christmas ans Happy new year to ya.....

She just applied for it. I was just getting a head start. I like the life act since it works at a good range and seems to be a good option against possibilities of cross contamination since we live in Boston and it gets pretty windy in town. Thanks for your recommendation. I will be sure to check that out as well.

Its only two shots. Probably easy to miss with it. It also looks big and cumbersome if you need to access it in a hurry.

Look at the Fox or X2 sprays.

Kimber sucks... They wouldn't ship a 22 conversion slide with 10 round mags to a FFL in MA. If I was in the market for OC, I'd make extra sure not to buy from Kimber.

--EasyD

Boomerang, great point! I didn't think of it from the perspective of only having two shots. missing or not having a direct hit could make an already bad situation worse. I have checked out all the suggestions and think I will be steering towards those products for sure. better pricing than Kimber as well for larger quantities of OC spray. [smile]

Thanks everyone!

If you need any further guidance, PM me directly.
I am a certified OC instructor.

Big Daddy isn't just a convenient screen name -- I've met him and like him.

It says something when even a big, strong intimidating looking guy makes a point to carry pepper spray.

There's a message here!

I carry the Sabre CS Tear Gas/Red Pepper Personal defense spray and it also has a dye that stains the attacker so ploice can pick them out later. Bought it at Tombstone in Brookfield haven't had to use it, thank god, but its nice to know I have the capability of choosing this, my tac. folder or finally my gun.

Back
Top Bottom