Is Somerville green?

Kicker96FS

NES Member
I just spoke to this guy I have known for years, he lives in Slumerville.
Told me he went to ask about getting his LTC so he can carry. He is getting old and wants to be able to protect himself.
I don't know if it was the CoP or the LO but this person told him he would not get it because he was too old!
I gave him Guida's number and told him to try Com2A first, that they would love this one.
Told me he would after tax season was over.

Got my blood boiling.

Remember: you're hearing this secondhand from a disgruntled older guy who's now got an axe to grind, and therefore the motive to put the cops in the worst possible light.

Not saying he's lying. But I doubt that's exactly what they said. Or if they did, they meant it as a throwaway joke and he chose to take it seriously. It's unlikely, in this environment, that the Villains would be as dumb as to actually mean that, but of course anything's possible.

Sorry but this guy is going to wait until tax season is over? Paying the government is more important than his right to bear arms? Sounds like he doesn't really care that much about his 2A rights if you ask me.

He is real busy doing taxes for other people. Somerville has a new Mayor does it not?
An anti gun guy if I am not mistaken. Doesn't he tell the CoP what to do? So if the new upstart gets the city slapped with a lawsuit what does he care?

He is real busy doing taxes for other people. Somerville has a new Mayor does it not?
An anti gun guy if I am not mistaken. Doesn't he tell the CoP what to do? So if the new upstart gets the city slapped with a lawsuit what does he care?
Post Bruen, (much like the 4473) they only have three options:
Proceed
Deny
Delay

They can always go as slow as they want, but eventually delaying results in giving the LTC.

To deny, they need a reason. "You're too old" seems quite weak, even in a pre-Bruen world. At this point, it's all but unbelievable.

Sounds like there's something missing in this story.

Maybe you should help your friend fill out the paperwork. Somerville's website is very clear on what he needs to do and it seems unlikely they'd deny an old guy with a clean record. I'd wait for an actual denial before getting too upset. The random person this guy spoke to may not have any authority over licensing.

She is pretty anti, but so was the previous mayor.

Except for people who had just moved to the city and were first time applicants, everyone I know who applied in the last 20 years got unrestricted.

I renewed my LTC A in Somerville about 6 years ago without restrictions. Curtatone was as liberal as it got for the whole state of Massachusetts. He pushed for rent control and declared Somerville a sanctuary city among many other things over his 18 year run as Somerville's mayor. If Somerville was green under Curtatone then it will probably be green with this new Mayor but who knows. This was well before the Bruen ruling too.

I lived there for 2 years in the early 90's. It was pretty brown then. Not a desirable area to live, but damn it had some of the best restaurants around. It's trendy now. Bleep them.

if only this guy guy were trans and black as well as old...he'd have hit the trifecta of all trifectas.

I lived there for 2 years in the early 90's. It was pretty brown then. Not a desirable area to live, but damn it had some of the best restaurants around. It's trendy now. Bleep them.
Thre was one chief in the 90s that was a dick. Down graded people with ALP to Target and Hunting because he felt like it. I was lucky that I did not have to renew during his tenure.

Back
Top Bottom