Is my NH Non resident permit still valid?

I applied for and received my NH Non resident permit while living in VA. I just moved to Mass and I am in the process of applying for my Mass LTC. Is my NH non resident still valid or is it void because technically I dont have any LTC right now in any state.

I am almost certain it is, but you need to change your address. Call Concord, they are pretty helpful.

Although, wouldnt you have a problem bringing your guns to MA without a license in MA

Why wouldn't it be? I'd just call up the licensing unit and tell them your residency/address changed, but it should not affect the validity of the permit.

-Mike

Although, wouldnt you have a problem bringing your guns to MA without a license in MA

No, you have 60 days to get licensed once you move to Mass.

MGL 140-129C(j):

(j) Any new resident moving into the commonwealth, any resident of the commonwealth returning after having been absent from the commonwealth for not less than 180 consecutive days or any resident of the commonwealth upon being released from active service with any of the armed services of the United States with respect to any firearm, rifle or shotgun and any ammunition therefor then in his possession, for 60 days after such release, return or entry into the commonwealth;

Why wouldn't it be? I'd just call up the licensing unit and tell them your residency/address changed, but it should not affect the validity of the permit.

-Mike

My understanding is your NH non-resident license is not "dependent" on the license you had at the time you applied. NH still does a background check, etc. before issuing (eg, they don't just trust the license information you provide on your application). As far as changing your address:

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/faq.html

nh.gov said:
* How do I submit an address change on a NH Non-Resident Pistol License?
Please forward a letter to NH State Police, Permits and Licensing Unit, 33 Hazen Drive, Concord NH 03305 notifying us of the change of address, including the old and new address. If you would like to receive a license that reflects the new address, enclose a fee of $3.00 made out to State of New Hampshire - Treasurer.

It sounds like you're on it, but you may not be able to renew your license when it expires without a valid license in another state.

Back
Top Bottom