• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it too late to dump our guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dump them and screw other gun people over? I realize prices change but if I were to sell my pre 94 ak I would sell it for a reasonable price not trying to bleed a fellow gun guy dry. Maybe thats just me. But through this ammo shortage I have helped others out and charged the same as what I paid. Some people can't afford to hoard ammo. Some people get into guns at an inopportune time.

I find it interesting that nobody has a real opinion on when to sell, Most of you are from the New England area and have had your second amendment rights completely squashed and nobody even protest. but now tell themselves they will never sell their guns.
I find this insulting. Piss off. I just sold a Bodyguard. And, I just sold off some knives. I used the money I got from the BG to.....BUY ANOTHER GUN. By the way, what did you do to protest getting your rights squashed? If you tell me your not from the northeast, then gtf off the forum or go green and stfu.

Last edited:
Did i make it in before all the butthurt Massachusetts gun permittees claiming they're going fight for their rights when in reality they've all been cucked since the battle of bunker hill?

Not going through the entire thread, so this may have been mentioned already. If I was looking for the most profit, I'd sell off all my ammo, that's where the money is right now. With that said, about 20 years ago or so, I sold off a lot of guns because I was in a financial bind, and it was the worst mistake I ever made. I miss just about every gun I sold. I can't see ever selling a gun again unless it's something I never use and want to use the proceeds to buy another gun. But so far, I have not sold another gun since and don't plan on it.

I ask a simple question and except for a few people I get all the basement mall ninjas chiming in. Firearms are nothing but property to be bought and sold no different than a pick up or boat. I put my rifles in a gun case go to the range ,shoot some paper put it back in the case and go home. Once a year I go to Maine with my 30-30 and try to shoot a deer, They're nothing but guns, collect single action get bored sell them for 1911's get bored and start collecting lever actions get bored and start collecting milsurps and tired of that an so on and so on. That's the nature of gun collecting and when most of you, if you stay in this hobby long enough, will all realize. Stop fooling yourselves that you're owning them for some great heroic reason, They have been taking our rights away since the 60's and I have heard the same big talk since then. They now tell you where an when to shop, prevent you from going to church or your family funerals,prevent your children from going to school ,tell you what to wear,how far to stand from other people,and everyone just follows in lock step. so stop pretending you all will do something. that time has come and gone and nobody will ever do anything.

We're "basement mall ninjas" yet here you are trying to justify yourself to us.

Stop fooling yourselves that you're owning them for some great heroic reason, They have been taking our rights away since the 60's and I have heard the same big talk since then. They now tell you where an when to shop, prevent you from going to church or your family funerals,prevent your children from going to school ,tell you what to wear,how far to stand from other people,and everyone just follows in lock step. so stop pretending you all will do something. that time has come and gone and nobody will ever do anything.

Project harder, this time with feeling.

I ask a simple question and except for a few people I get all the basement mall ninjas chiming in. Firearms are nothing but property to be bought and sold no different than a pick up or boat. I put my rifles in a gun case go to the range ,shoot some paper put it back in the case and go home. Once a year I go to Maine with my 30-30 and try to shoot a deer, They're nothing but guns, collect single action get bored sell them for 1911's get bored and start collecting lever actions get bored and start collecting milsurps and tired of that an so on and so on. That's the nature of gun collecting and when most of you, if you stay in this hobby long enough, will all realize. Stop fooling yourselves that you're owning them for some great heroic reason, They have been taking our rights away since the 60's and I have heard the same big talk since then. They now tell you where an when to shop, prevent you from going to church or your family funerals,prevent your children from going to school ,tell you what to wear,how far to stand from other people,and everyone just follows in lock step. so stop pretending you all will do something. that time has come and gone and nobody will ever do anything.

Yes, guns are simply tools or perhaps in some cases simply collectibles. Some of us have actually used those tools to defend our lives. Some have used those tools to defend the lives of others. Many of us have come out of our 'basements' to actively support our rights to keep these tools.

Don't project your apathy and lack of commitment onto others. Sell now and be done with it. You will make a profit now, though again the amount seems petty and insipid to me. Good luck replacing your tools if you need them in the future, though it seems you won't.

I find it interesting your tone seems as if you have "purchased" your firearms to sell them similar to equity/bond considerations.
Most buy their firearms to keep, forever.
Particularly in this Northeast part of the country with its liberal leaning laws & biases.

I will admit I've been to a firearm auction or two years back in gun friendly states with the families of deceased firearm owners expecting a lot more than the offers they got for that yellowboy, or 73" peacemaker.
But your OP reeks of I better get what I can now because "I give up".
Good luck with that. :confused:

The moral outrage of this gang is a bit over the top. It’s really ok to sell shit. In fact, it can be fun and profitable. There’s nothing wrong with profitable fun. Unless you’re a Puritan?

Stop fooling yourselves that you're owning them for some great heroic reason, They have been taking our rights away since the 60's and I have heard the same big talk since then. They now tell you where an when to shop, prevent you from going to church or your family funerals, prevent your children from going to school, tell you what to wear, how far to stand from other people, and everyone just follows in lock step. So stop pretending you all will do something. That time has come and gone and nobody will ever do anything.
Geesus Christmas! 🤪 Someday, I'm going to start an NES troll thread and become legendary too. [laugh]

You're all missing the point. I'm completely disappointed.
The real question is-
Since the creation of this thread, what new descriptive term can be used in the w.t.s. section to magically increase the value of the object for sale?

We already have pre-ban, pre-healy, thought I saw a pre-biden in there, lets not forget rare-in-mass and once fired and pre-lock. And its been proven over and over that the creative placing of these terms can increase the sell price 300% to 6000%.

So would this be pre-bubble or pre-buyback? And how much will it add to the price?

Think bigger dam you!

What’s the going rate on 20 and 30 round pre-ban AR mags? I built up a stash when I was still considering central N.Y. as a retirement option. That was pre-FUAC/Safe Act.

What’s the going rate on 20 and 30 round pre-ban AR mags? I built up a stash when I was still considering central N.Y. as a retirement option. That was pre-FUAC/Safe Act.
Rubes pay $40+ for them in mass all the time. Date stamped might be more because the pant shitters love those.

You're all missing the point. I'm completely disappointed.
The real question is-
Since the creation of this thread, what new descriptive term can be used in the w.t.s. section to magically increase the value of the object for sale?

We already have pre-ban, pre-healy, thought I saw a pre-biden in there, lets not forget rare-in-mass and once fired and pre-lock. And its been proven over and over that the creative placing of these terms can increase the sell price 300% to 6000%.

So would this be pre-bubble or pre-buyback? And how much will it add to the price?

Think bigger dam you!
You forgot "LNIB" Like New in the Box and very low round count,like one fired to see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom