• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it time to "beg" the NRA to open an office in Mass?

zork51

NES Member
This is nothing against GOAL. GOAL has a bunch of very nice people, who try to be very nice dealing with the lefties in Boston, and it never works out too well. They DON"T have deep pockets, so I don't think they can do too much. Now the NRA can afford to send very high profile attorneys as they are a nationwide org with nationwide membership. Maybe try to get them in Kalifornia too. Playing nice hasn't worked well when the guys across the table are silently plotting to screw you over and speaking out of both side of their mouth telling you there is nothing that is going to take away your rights in the bills and then they change them in the 11th hours, like in Spencer, Mass on Oct.21, 1998.

If one had the resources for example, take out fully pages ads in papers, or blast on Facebook and explain this latest ERPO and detail through 3 bill changes, in a few weeks, each time becoming more slimy each time. My neighbor who doesn't even own a gun said OMG, is this even constitutional? Even some liberal commenters in the Boston Glob said so!

They need to and be should more open in this state. Take the heat, and bring facts to disprove these asswipes. Also remind them of the constitution every step of the way.

Why is this not be followed? I know.

District of Columbia v. Heller (PDF), the United States Supreme Court issued its first decision since 1939 interpreting the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Court ruled that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense. It also ruled that two District of Columbia provisions, one that banned handguns and one that required lawful firearms in the home to be disassembled or trigger-locked, violate this right.

MA best chance is to be liberated by the Rebels from one of the seceding states, likely New Hampshire, in the 3rd American Revolution.

The NRA doesn't mention MA because the mention of the NRA being involved in MA politics would poison the debate. The optics of opening an NRA office in MA would be harmful to our cause.

We need a local organization like GOAL to put a reasonable, independent, local face on gun rights and gun owners. They're doing a bad enough job with the talk of "gun grabs," disingenuous talk of mental health, and gobbledygook like "Cruel and Dangerous". If the NRA were to put their logo on so much as a postcard in this state, the wide-ranging negative media coverage of interfering carpetbaggers would outstrip whatever marginal benefit it might have on people that read the postcards.

I strongly believe people are divided into two groups when it comes to knowledge of guns and gun control: gun owners, and the misinformed. I also believe the political debate around MA is separated into those two groups, but the former is bad at appealing to the latter. We need to fix that. These people do not care about constitutional arguments. The argument "you're not allowed to do this cuz 1789" persuades about as effectively as a dad telling a teenager they're not allowed to have sex "cuz I said so". The response is "screw you, your rules are wrong and I'll ignore them". Leave the Constitution out of the discussion. Appeal to reason, facts, practicality.

If you disagree with me, fine. But tell me, how many anti-gun lefties, center-lefties, moderates, minorities, Bernie voters, and gays you have in your social circles and how many you have persuaded. Guns are a culture war issue now, and if we come off as cultural conservatives in MA, we lose. The other side is putting out propaganda that works on these people (see Rosenthal's bullshit here: http://www.stophandgunviolence.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-Tool-Kit-3.0.pdf) while we tweet #HealeyHurtsFamilies and these people roll their eyes and dismiss us.

It's Saturday night and I've had a few, so I'm probably being harsh, but I just talked to a group of these types, and I'm not wrong.

The NRA wants nothing to do with MA. They’ve done shit for us since the 80s.
Complete, ill informed ignorance at its worse. Sadly, when it comes from gun owners it stands on its own as a metaphor for the ill-informed ignorance that lives in the minds of far too many gun owners and is, in part, responsible for the mess that gun owners find themselves in today.

When you speak with groups like G.O.A.L. and Comm2A they will willing tell you how much legal and financial help the N.R.A. has provided them over the years. Additionally, the State of MA is owned by Progressives, lock, stock and barrel and although we must be dutiful 2A Soldiers, and fight on, a large part of relief from the anti-gun Communists in MA, will need to come from Federal Court relief. This is where the the N.R.A. is at its best.

Instead of the majority of gun owners in America, 100-150 Million of them, untiting as an un-movable power, the majority continue to sit on their ignorant asses contributing nothing to the 2A fight except ignorant, ill informed blather that is turning the 2A into a water soaked paper towel.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are providing funding an lawyers for the AG lawsuit. The mention of the NRA automatically pollutes any debate in MA. So they rely on orgs like GOAL to appear "homey" and grassroots. Causes less automatic animosity to the debate from our side.

The NRA doesn't mention MA because the mention of the NRA being involved in MA politics would poison the debate. The optics of opening an NRA office in MA would be harmful to our cause.

We need a local organization like GOAL to put a reasonable, independent, local face on gun rights and gun owners. They're doing a bad enough job with the talk of "gun grabs," disingenuous talk of mental health, and gobbledygook like "Cruel and Dangerous". If the NRA were to put their logo on so much as a postcard in this state, the wide-ranging negative media coverage of interfering carpetbaggers would outstrip whatever marginal benefit it might have on people that read the postcards.

I strongly believe people are divided into two groups when it comes to knowledge of guns and gun control: gun owners, and the misinformed. I also believe the political debate around MA is separated into those two groups, but the former is bad at appealing to the latter. We need to fix that. These people do not care about constitutional arguments. The argument "you're not allowed to do this cuz 1789" persuades about as effectively as a dad telling a teenager they're not allowed to have sex "cuz I said so". The response is "screw you, your rules are wrong and I'll ignore them". Leave the Constitution out of the discussion. Appeal to reason, facts, practicality.

If you disagree with me, fine. But tell me, how many anti-gun lefties, center-lefties, moderates, minorities, Bernie voters, and gays you have in your social circles and how many you have persuaded. Guns are a culture war issue now, and if we come off as cultural conservatives in MA, we lose. The other side is putting out propaganda that works on these people (see Rosenthal's bullshit here: http://www.stophandgunviolence.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-Tool-Kit-3.0.pdf) while we tweet #HealeyHurtsFamilies and these people roll their eyes and dismiss us.

It's Saturday night and I've had a few, so I'm probably being harsh, but I just talked to a group of these types, and I'm not wrong.

Your points are right on, so you're drinking the right cocktail. The overall media in print and on TV are against us. Anyone whoever did subscribe at one time or another to the NRA knows by reading the "Armed Citizen" the stories of folks young and older that have successfully stayed alive due to being armed. I get a daily digest about state and national news from around the country courtesy of a fellow out in AZ they and the stories are very informative and many like the armed citizen.

I suggested the NRA because with proper backing, we could at least have some type of media campaign. I state my case whenever 2A comes up and have made impressions on people otherwise just following the fake news. WE all know that all the laws in the world will not prevent anyone intent on doing harm, they WILL find a way.

I told Baker's aide that metal detectors, one way in, and resource officer(s) for everyone school should be implemented. I was told my a guy who came in to calibrate our scopes who's 2A guy, that when he went to a school in Boston, they checked out everyone going in through a metal detector, even the cop in front of him. THAT should be the standard for every school all over. I truly believe that Obama's FBI leadership was told to let these nutty kids that they KNEW were a time bomb, to leave them alone because some shootings would be "better" to lead to total confiscation.

Mass should be a national political on TV commercials as an example to everyone else, that when you have your "subjects" register their firearms, you get the Healy ban, and other rights stripped away. Point out to all in the nation how the Dem / Progressive agenda is slowly but surely moving forward.

I used to think the NRA didnt do sh*t. Then I spoke with people that actually knew.

I suggest you do the same before talking crap.

Now, why they dont ever mention MA, I dont know, but it doesnt matter as long as they help behind the scenes.

I said the NRA didn’t do shit for MA. Not that they didn’t do shit.

And I DO know, I used to be on the Board for GOAL. My opinion is my own, not GOAL’s.

Let's put it this way, if you were across the table from a politician who brought someone from Mom's Demand Stupidity as a guest, would you have a productive conversation? No, you'd probably be irritated by whatever lagoon creature they paraded out as an "expert." The way you feel about that conversation is that same way they feel if the term NRA gets thrown out on the table. It will not lead to anything productive in this state, so they act as support staff for many things that you or I never know about.

There is little that the NRA could do directly that isn’t already being done by GOAL and Comm2A. As others have mentioned, the NRA has been so demonized that having the NRA open a field office in MA would hurt, rather than help.

The best way for the NRA to help MA is to stay in the background and help GOAL and Comm2A, as they have been doing.

Also, the NRA’s funds aren’t bottomless. MA is a small state that is very liberal and anti-gun. They don’t have a magic wand that they can use to wave away our problems. Fundamentally, they need to put their money to work where they can get the best returns, and that isn’t MA. With the recent revival of calls for a ban on assault weapons, I think they will have plenty of work to do in other states where they will be more likely to find success.

Door-to-Door NRA Reps, selling subscriptions would be the best. Hire High School kids for Summer jobs...

3rd Place Prize for most NRA Subscriptions sold:
iu

2nd Place Prize for most NRA Subscriptions sold:
iu

1st Place Prize for most NRA Subscriptions sold:

iu
+
iu

They've got to do something with all those NRA decals and caps no one uses...

I said the NRA didn’t do shit for MA. Not that they didn’t do shit.

And I DO know, I used to be on the Board for GOAL. My opinion is my own, not GOAL’s.

I was at the Statehouse when an NRA representative came to accompany GOAL in a hearing. So that is one data point that shows they are not ignoring MA.

Supposedly the NRA can't lobby in Ma. because Ma. Is a commonwealth but even if they could the numbers are so stacked against us and not to mention that we have a rino governor that does jack shit for us pro2a folks. All we can do is back Goal and Comm2a and hope for the best.

It's worth remembering that the NRA in a big election year maybe has 15 million dollars in lobbying funds to spend. Bloomberg routinely writes checks larger than that to push control IN INDIVIDUAL STATES. If Bloomberg wasn't dropping tens of millions of dollars a year Shannon Watts would still be at Monsanto covering up for corporate f***-ups and industrial safety corner cutting and the PR of gun control wouldn't really exist.

The NRA wants nothing to do with MA. They’ve done shit for us since the 80s.
They want nothing to do with MA, NY, or NJ, but they'll gladly accept a substantial donation along with that desperate letter.

Stay local and check out the GOA also. Don't trust the NRA further than how far Dana Loesch's titties stick out.

Back
Top Bottom