• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it just me...

That doesn't happen with me. If you go to the main page you can double click the icon on each sub-forum you're not interested in. I marks it as read.

But you still can't ignore things from dealers like that jackwad that keeps putting up ads for the NY 'safe' compliant AR parts... Every time I see those things post I want to kick the guy right in the jimmies until my steel toe boots collapse.

But you still can't ignore things from dealers like that jackwad that keeps putting up ads for the NY 'safe' compliant AR parts... Every time I see those things post I want to kick the guy right in the jimmies until my steel toe boots collapse.

Ditto.

Or does the classified section really seem overwhelmed with items that have been there for a long time. I would think after 21 bumps one would either drop price or move on. Just griping but it's tiring dodging all the old and really old posts. Not trying to be a dick but wondering if the moderators are planning a policy to limit the time on the board?

No. You want to know why? What if you have a Krughoffel Shutzenraren 9000SE in 30 Mauser that you are trying to sell (and maybe only like 2 people in the world actually want to buy it) and it just doesn't move fast. Limiting classifieds based on age opens a can of worms and whining from people posting ads. Worse yet it wouldn't fix the problem anyways, their ad would get destroyed and they could just repost it a week later, and it would be painful to tell whether or not the person listed the gun already. They could also wallhack the limitation and just pull the gun off and back on the market periodically. So while it "feels good" to have an age-out limit it ends up accomplishing very little.

Not sure if you've done it already but you will want to go into "settings" and change the max threads setting for the max number per page... this makes it less onerous to browse guns because you'll be getting more listings on every page; most people around here forget to do this.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had so few problems in life that I could get worked up about such things. Hell the people I encounter in traffic on a daily basis are far more annoying than ads for products ill never buy. [laugh]

-Mike

If it was, I would limit bumps in some way to keep the guys that actually want to sell their guns on the first couple pages of the classifieds.

A side note... if you see anyone illegally bumping things, please report this behavior. There is a class of douchebags around here exploiting a bug in one of the mobile apps that do this... so if you see something where they've evaded the bump limiter, please report it. It's difficult to catch these people unless someone reports it or we look in every ad every time it gets bumped.

-Mike

Not sure if you've done it already but you will want to go into "settings" and change the max threads setting for the max number per page... this makes it less onerous to browse guns because you'll be getting more listings on every page; most people around here forget to do this.

-Mike

I do that with any forum I'm a member of. I wish we could have more than 40 threads/posts displayed per page. Still, it makes running through threads a lot better/easier than with the default setting... Also makes me wonder why everyone doesn't do that. Especially when they whine about not wanting to ready through more than 10 pages of posts when it's maybe two, or three, for those of us that know better. [smile]

I wish I had so few problems in life that I could get worked up about such things. Hell the people I encounter in traffic on a daily basis are far more annoying than ads for products ill never buy.
012.gif

-Mike
It's just annoying to see the same thing posted about so many times... I'm sure that all the people in NY, that are on NES, know who has those abominations for sale. Now, if we could actually block dealers, that would be golden... Then we could decide if we don't want to see things posted by that person/company and then it's a non-issue...

Last edited:
Several used guns listed for more than a new one can be purchased for.

This is going to happen a lot regardless due to the variation in LGS prices vs market floor. For example several MA and NH LGS'es sells a rifle for $1200 that I can buy for $800 all day long. It's not just people trying to "rip someone off" but some guy is trying to get close to what he paid for it without doing his homework as to what the rock bottom value is. Some people also list high in a fruitless attempt to get negotiated downward into getting most of their money back.

Many of these ads are also "Wife" ads, too. People don't believe me when I tell them this, but I know a crapload of adds are "wife" ads- henpecked pussywhipped men list guns here that they don't actually want to sell but they post an ad with a retardo price on it so they can say "See honey, I listed a bunch of my guns for sale so we can get (insert stupid domesticated garbage here)." She falls for it because she's dense and histrionic and has no clue about what a gun is worth, just that she hates them and they limit her ability to siphon off of his monetary gravy train.

-Mike

Several used guns listed for more than a new one can be purchased for.

This is always the case. But its not my sale so i dont care. They can bump it for 10 years, i dont give a rats ass.

Usually the 100 dollar rule applies unless its a non compliant type handgun. Or if its an m&p or fudd gun the 200 dollar rule applies and your better off trading it sometimes you get a better deal overall.

Many people think they can buy a compliant gun and get what they paid for it even lightly used.

Overall your best to sell the first quarter of the year when tax money is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom