Is it just me...

Hooper

NES Member
Or does the classified section really seem overwhelmed with items that have been there for a long time. I would think after 21 bumps one would either drop price or move on. Just griping but it's tiring dodging all the old and really old posts. Not trying to be a dick but wondering if the moderators are planning a policy to limit the time on the board?

Right underneath the thread title it lists the original post date. If it is old then just don't click on it. I agree there are some really old posts but I wouldn't say I have to "dodge" them.

I've sold stuff on other sites. Sometimes a thing will sit for ages, then suddenly several people will be interested.
So 'old' does not necessarily mean over-priced - just still for sale and waiting for the right buyer.

I've sold stuff on other sites. Sometimes a thing will sit for ages, then suddenly several people will be interested.
So 'old' does not necessarily mean over-priced - just still for sale and waiting for the right buyer.

Unless the person is selling the item for more than it goes for now (bought during the panic/stupid times). Or it's an AR they put together, and paid too much on the parts, and are trying to recover what the parts cost them (plus a bit).

I have some magazines up for sale that are a bit of a niche item (STI pre-ban mags). I've done a couple of price drops on them already. I'm selling for less than they go for new, and far less than when I bought them (in 1997/8)... Actually, the better prices are for green members only. [smile]

That Timberwolf still for sale?

A lot of people overbought during the last scare. So you probably have both more people selling off things they now do not feel they need and everyone else sitting on everything they bought and saying I don't need, don't have room, can't afford another firearm right now.

Happens after almost every panic buying swing, this one may just have been bigger than a lot of earlier ones.

Also, selling something used for $50 more than FS had it at their inventory reduction sale is probably not going to motivate buyers.

So you're bitching because something that obviously doesn't interest you is getting in the way of your viewing pleasure?

How about the guys that 'bump' their dozen (or more) guns for sale listings at the same time?? If they have THAT many guns they want to sell, either their collection is HUGE, or they're really a dealer in disguise.

I share some 'choice' ads with a couple of other NES members from time to time. Ones that make you go WTF? when you see the item and price. Usually, those postings stay up for the longest (unless they are pulled without being sold).

I can honestly say I have gone weeks/months without looking for no reason
Then all of a sudden one day I get the urge to buy and I will go back 6 or 7 pages looking for something that peaks my interest.

I can honestly say I have gone weeks/months without looking for no reason
Then all of a sudden one day I get the urge to buy and I will go back 6 or 7 pages looking for something that peaks my interest.

Done this. Bought something 5 or 6 pages deep....

It would be a nice feature to be able to permanently block threads that don't interest you. For instance, I could GAF what people are drinking. I wonder if it's possible to make that feature available on the forum?

If this were my forum, all bumps would come with a $10 price reduction mandatory. Otherwise they could just leave it 12 pages deep and hope for the best.

Several used guns listed for more than a new one can be purchased for.

With the price either called out as 'firm' or they don't put "OBO" which is the same as saying 'firm' IMO... Of course, you also get the jackoff's that offer you 1/2 of the listing price and think that's reasonable. [rolleyes] Especially when the listed price is pretty reasonable already (lower than current new pricing and in like new condition).

Or does the classified section really seem overwhelmed with items that have been there for a long time. I would think after 21 bumps one would either drop price or move on. Just griping but it's tiring dodging all the old and really old posts. Not trying to be a dick but wondering if the moderators are planning a policy to limit the time on the board?

It would be a nice feature to be able to permanently block threads that don't interest you. For instance, I could GAF what people are drinking. I wonder if it's possible to make that feature available on the forum?

If this were my forum, all bumps would come with a $10 price reduction mandatory. Otherwise they could just leave it 12 pages deep and hope for the best.

Who here is forcing you to view these things?

Seriously, You want to impose a mandatory price reduction for a bump. What about the unusual items that might have a specific interest. Perhaps they should just give it away based on the analogy proposed! This site has definitely added a new breed of independent thinker!

Keep in mind, every seller has paid to support this forum, even if it is their first post.

Actually Bill when I joined this forum a user could post to the classifieds. After a few sales I decided to PM Derek thanking him & to notify that because of it I wanted to support the forum. Got one back thanking me for the support.

I know my status has lapsed. I'm just a procrastinator. [smile]

You can ask whatever you want for an item. If it gets bumped more than 4 times, the interest in opening the post has gone away.

Um. The forum I guess? They pop up when I open NES and I have to wade through all the uninteresting threads to find a good one.

That's why it would be nice to be able to block a thread I have no interest in opening.

That doesn't happen with me. If you go to the main page you can double click the icon on each sub-forum you're not interested in. I marks it as read.

Back
Top Bottom