Is a beretta 96 made after 1998 Mass compliant?

My dad who lives in Connecticut has a Beretta 96 he would like to transfer to me, but the problem is I live in Massachusetts. Now I know the 96 is on the approved firearms roster but I have heard that it does not meet the attorney generals requirements. Does anyone here know the truth about the 96. Is it Mass compliant if manufactured after 1998? Can my dad who legally owns it in CT transfer it to me once my Mass LTC arrives in the mail (which should be any day now[smile][smile][smile])? Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Most of the Beretta 9X series, are complaint, but the issue is functionally irrelevant to the person asking for the transfer anyways.

The best idea is to get the exact model number and run it across the FFL that you will be using in MA for the transfer, as they are the final arbiter of the decision anyways. If they give you crap try calling up other dealers. Be very aware that not every FFL in MA is fully apprised of compliance regulations, so if it sounds like a bogus answer, it just might be.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom