Is 380 only hard to find in the Northeast?

SKS Ray

NES Member
Because I see people getting it everywhere else including this supply I saw at an out of state Walmart.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396007076835.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396007076835.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 242
During the ammo shortage, many people can't find 9mm. There are a lots of 380 ammo. So they start to hoard 380 pistol to crave the itch of range time. Now, we see a shortage of 380. That's my assumption.

I was @ FS yesterday & they have many 380 in stock.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

In the fall I thought 380 was 2x as hard to find as 22LR. I've picked up a few boxes of 380 over winter, lucked out at Dicks a few times. Haven't seen either in a month or two, but have only been looking about once a week if that.

I was told by one of the guys at four seasons that Ammo companies will make 9MM rather than .380 ACP during the shortage due to the wider range and popularity of 9MM firearms because they are both made in the same plants or casting machines, or something of that nature

I was told by one of the guys at four seasons that Ammo companies will make 9MM rather than .380 ACP during the shortage due to the wider range and popularity of 9MM firearms because they are both made in the same plants or casting machines, or something of that nature

My understanding, in the lines of what Trip wrote, is that the machines used to pump out 9mm need to be rebooted to pump out 380. It's the hidden cost of having to reboot from 9mm to 380 and back again that makes 380 so damned expensive. Perhaps it is time for me to consider reloading...

Have not seen it in walmart forever. They get all different types typically I usually pay $15-19 a box for the gf's gun. Definitely the next hardest thing to find after .22.

This. 380 is one of those calibers that really pays off quick if you reload it.

Only if you actually shoot it enough to make a difference. If I had a case of 1000 rounds of .380 that'd probably be enough for me for the next 10 years, assuming I got another pocket pistol in a year or so.

-Mike

Looking for any .380 updates. Just bought a Sig P238 and now I can't find any target .380 anywhere. Checked Dicks, FS, Walmarts in NH. Found some self defense .380 at Dick's & FS but no target.

when I got my pair of 380's I couldn't find much locally either.. it seems certain walmarts get it regularly and others don't get any at all. Your best bet is to check walmarts website for local stores often. I actually went to RI and one of the stores had 18 boxes on the shelf so I wiped them out.. that was by far the most 380 I'd seen for sale anywhere. I still buy it whenever I see it.. 50rd box minimum though won't do the 20rd self defense ones.

In my town WMT and Dicks are next to eachother, I've had much better luck finding 380 at Dicks for some reason, bought most all of it there actually.

You might try asking the guy next time you are in there "when's the last time you saw 380 come in?" and "when do you think you may seem some again?"

I find they are happy to slip you some info if you're not one of the slime-ball hoarders that's in there every single morning at 9am.

Back
Top Bottom