InterOrdnance Bringing in C&R Guns from Africa

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Jungle environment, poor storage conditions; could be rough. Don’t know if that post war Czech Mauser was “typical”

t

It's like a box of chocolates. When I acquired a M3A1 Grease Gun 34 years ago ($200 post sample), it was in perfect working condition but was completely bare of any finish. But it had no rust. Grit blast and new park and it looked like new. Always wondered how it got bare with no rust. So, you never know. Jack.

Yeah, definiately living up to his reputation. Curious why they didn't send him to Africa? [laugh]
Amazing how every post seems to have some variation of:
1.) "Without exaggeration the Hakim rifle is one of my favorite battle rifles of all time..." - I guess everything he happens to be selling is also "one of his favorites..."
2.) "Compared to Hakim rifles I've seen in the past, I would say the rifles in this batch are overall actually some of the nicer ones I have ever seen." - Also what a coincidence every batch of anything he sells is either the nicest he's ever seen, or close to it.

The only thing he didn't mention this time was how these were going to be the last ones ever. But, nevertheless "However, if you are a serious surplus collector, who has an appreciation for these types of firearms..... Do not miss this. Unfortunately this is a very small lot and we expect the demand to far exceed the supply."

Amazing how every post seems to have some variation of:
1.) "Without exaggeration the Hakim rifle is one of my favorite battle rifles of all time..." - I guess everything he happens to be selling is also "one of his favorites..."
2.) "Compared to Hakim rifles I've seen in the past, I would say the rifles in this batch are overall actually some of the nicer ones I have ever seen." - Also what a coincidence every batch of anything he sells is either the nicest he's ever seen, or close to it.

The only thing he didn't mention this time was how these were going to be the last ones ever. But, nevertheless "However, if you are a serious surplus collector, who has an appreciation for these types of firearms..... Do not miss this. Unfortunately this is a very small lot and we expect the demand to far exceed the supply."
Haha so much this

LMAO @ $1000 for a Hakim that probably has a cracked stock according to their description. Even an excellent one would have trouble getting that much.

Somewhere within the annals of NES is a thread comparing C&R and FFL. I can't seem to find it. I am not computer savvy.
My dad had a C&R years ago but I recall thinking it would be better to go full FFL. But of course there are downsides.

Is the storefront issue a MA thing or is it like that everywhere?

Mostly a Mass thing. The phrase "kitchen table FFL" refers to a particularly small FFL, like, smaller than a guy running a transfer + occasional sale FFL out of his garage or attic or basement.

Why a 'Kitchen Table' FFL is a Bad Idea - The Truth About Guns

I know there's a Providence state senator who runs a FFL out of his personal business, too:

A state senator deals guns from his Providence home. Here's why it's legal — and why it could be a problem for the city.

Sorry for the paywall but ProJo is the only source.

Somewhere within the annals of NES is a thread comparing C&R and FFL. I can't seem to find it. I am not computer savvy.
My dad had a C&R years ago but I recall thinking it would be better to go full FFL. But of course there are downsides.

C&R IS AN FFL! Its a type 03. What you are referring to is a type 01, Dealer FFL

LMAO @ $1000 for a Hakim that probably has a cracked stock according to their description. Even an excellent one would have trouble getting that much.

You say that, but this batch will probably be sold out in 3 months.

The golden era of C&R firearms is over. These guns are primarily marketed towards collectors willing to pay more, not regular shooters who want to get a decent rifle for pennies on the dollar.

The golden era of C&R firearms is over. These guns are primarily marketed towards collectors willing to pay more, not regular shooters who want to get a decent rifle for pennies on the dollar.

Agreed, the pre-Obama and Obama-era days of dirt cheap C&R guns from WW1 or WW2 or the Cold War are over. Pre-Newtown, a No. 4 Enfield would be about, what, $300, 400? I saw a Longbranch today for $895 at a LGS. $500 is pretty good for a No. 4 these days, assuming these are in not-so-horrible condition.

Im wondering just how many importers are out there these days compared to just 10 years ago.
Im not so sure of the ins and outs of how these deals are made but it seems like classic arms has a small thumb on the smaller batches out there.
Century has aquired alot in just a few years
Samco Global, SOG and Springfield sporters plus I believe the last large batch of swiss rifles and ammo at 10s of millions laid out.
At one point Century was trying to get the M1s out of Korea and IIRC that was a $57m bid.

The Everything Bubble™ has trickled down to milsurp apparently. [frown]

The Everything Bubble™ has trickled down to milsurp apparently. [frown]

I wouldnt say that. It's just that milsurp supplies are drying up. After a certain point, military surplus rifles weren't being sold to the civilian market. Most service rifles became non-sellable on the the civilian market because they are full auto.

The early to mid 20th century was a period of rapid firearms development. You often had the case that some country would make or buy a large lot of rifles only to find them obsolete pretty much right away. The high churn rate was a boon for surplus buyers.

The M1 Garand was introduced in the late thirties and was probably the best rifle of the era, but was obsolete by the late 50's. Russia produced a ton of SKS even as the AK was making it obsolete. Tito was making mausers in the 1950's the were obsolete the second they were born and many of them ended up on the surplus market practically unused. Guns that were produced at massive scale for WWII were not acceptable for military service 10 years later and hit the market at cut rate prices. For a long time, the surplus market was awash in guns, so prices were very low.

Compared to now, where the M16/M4 design has been in service for decades with only incremental changes. There just isn't the same level of churn.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say that. It's just that milsurp supplies are drying up. After a certain point, military surplus rifles weren't being sold to the civilian market. Most service rifles became non-sellable on the the civilian market because they are full auto.

The early to mid 20th century was a period of rapid firearms development. You often had the case that some country would make or buy a large lot of rifles only to find them obsolete pretty much right away. The high churn rate was a boon for surplus buyers.

The M1 Garand was introduced in the late thirties and was probably the best rifle of the era, but was obsolete by the late 50's. Russia produced a ton of SKS even as the AK was making it obsolete. Tito was making mausers in the 1950's the were obsolete the second they were born and many of them ended up on the surplus market practically unused. Guns that were produced at massive scale for WWII were not acceptable for military service 10 years later and hit the market at cut rate prices. For a long time, the surplus market was awash in guns, so prices were very low.

Compared to now, where the M16/M4 design has been in service for decades with only incremental changes. There just isn't the same level of churn.

Agree with all of this and the situation isn't going to get better. There simply aren't government arsenals cranking out guns anymore. That ended in the US with the closure of the real Springfield Armory. The UK killed RSAF Enfield after the SA80 development. France now has Glock pistols and HK rifles. The CommBloc former government arsenals are all privatized.

The closest thing to a government arsenal cranking out stupid amounts of guns is Norinco and we can't buy new Norinco guns here in the US.

once they find a cheaper faster way to make something thy might change.....I dont see that happening.

once they find a cheaper faster way to make something thy might change.....I dont see that happening.

Yeah, I don't see any big shift coming soon. Even all the fancy new stuff is just a slightly improved version of the AR design. Lots of good work being done for optics design, but the rifles themselves seem mostly the same.

Back
Top Bottom