• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting story on a shooting with a legally owned Firearm

Love the comments, good ole liberals hard at work. Kid out at 3 a.m. with two other kids breaking into cars, drunk and having traces of weed and speed in his system, rushes a guy who has a firearm pointed at him, and the family has the balls to say he was a "sweet kid who had never been arrested" and that the kid getting shot was a "slaughter". Think the dad sober is just as smart as the kid drunk, least the kid had an extra excuse for his stupidity. Glad the guy was found not guilty, but reality is he will be back in court for a wrongful death suit, this poor guy's court days are far from over.

That's NY I think. Not sure what other state calls their district courts "state supreme courts". He is also going to never own a gun in NY ever again. They have suitability in NYS. They call it "Sua sponte" or an at will permit (at the will of the issuing judge).

Just a suggestion for folks who begin threads with just a link.

It would be great if the OP could at least add a simple comment about the subject of the link and why HE/SHE thinks it's interesting.

JMHO

An unfortunate incident all around. The use of deadly force to defend simple property does not fly in NY (or pretty much anyplace other than TX) and initiating such an encounter is, to put it charitably, less than intelligent.

Still, better this outcome than the reverse.

WTF is wrong with people? I read the comments and can't believe how many people live in a fantasy world. I don't like to wish anything bad on people but I hope this Jackass "FUBLSBY" has to deal with a violent situation someday.
[angry]

FUBLSBY wrote:

Replying to GiasMom:
I have watched this case pretty closely and have thought since day one Mr. Scott was justified in his actions. I was certain of this today after I listened to the entire 911 call made that night by a frantic homeowner in the very early hours of the am on a terrible stormy night. Mr. Scott claimed on the phone that the person ran at him - in his state of panic and distraught as to what he just did and how Mr Cervini was not responding. Now Mr. Scott try to put this behind you and enjoy your family and friends this holiday season. You will never forget that night, I hope the memory fades at bit though.

FUBLSBY replied,
You notice though, he said the kid ran at him, but never said he yelled he was going to get him. He was pissed at his girlfriend for kicking him out of bed. He went out to play cowboy and got his kill. I hope for the rest of his life,the first and last thing he sees when he opens or closes his eyes for the day is that dead kids face. Sleep well Mr Scott.

Not sure what other state calls their district courts "state supreme courts". He is also going to never own a gun in NY ever again. They have suitability in NYS. They call it "Sua sponte" or an at will permit (at the will of the issuing judge).

I have lived in Rochester, NY up until 1987, and remember that the political climate is somewhat different that MA. In general, shootings that are clearly justified don't make it to trial and are quickly resolved without an indictment - this was the exception because there was room to debate the actions. But, unlike MA, the state does not go into "prosecute no matter what" mode in Rochester just because someone using a firearm does not have a badge.

While I agree that the subject's ability to get a NY pistol permit might be an issue, keep in mind that judges are chartered with being fair and respecting findings of not guilty. Unlike MA, NY judges cannot hang their hat on "It is not the role of the court to make it's own determination of suitability, or if it would make the same decision the chief did, but to decide if the chief had a rational basis for his/her decision".

And you are correct, the "state supreme court" is actually more like a district court, and is not the top of the court food chain in NY.

MA is just F'ed up. When it's someone defending their life they throw the book at them. When it's some pedophile who is asbolutely guilty.....ah....let him go on $10k so he can abuse a 3 year old while he is awaiting trial.

MA is just F'ed up. When it's someone defending their life they throw the book at them. When it's some pedophile who is asbolutely guilty.....ah....let him go on $10k so he can abuse a 3 year old while he is awaiting trial.

A perfect example of how enforcement is based on stopping those things the government really wants stopped.

Drug abuse and pedophilia...apparently 'not so much'!

Just a suggestion for folks who begin threads with just a link.

It would be great if the OP could at least add a simple comment about the subject of the link and why HE/SHE thinks it's interesting.

JMHO

With a story like this I thought I would let the story do the talking. I did not want to precondition others with my comments. Sorry, next time I won't post just a link.

Back
Top Bottom