interesting pic

hope its not a dupe but found this on the boston website. not the brightest bulb.

a17_21443787.jpg

I was looking at the damn picture for 10 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong and feeling like an idiot because I couldn't. Until I realized it was an oversized pic and I had to scroll right to see the rest of it.

Last edited:
I was looking at the damn picture for 10 minutes trying to figure out what was wring and feeling like an idiot because I couldn't. Until I realized it was an oversized pic and I had to scroll right to see the rest of it.

+1 You admitted what I did as well.

Guys walking around in Jansport daypacks blow up, mortar rounds land in the schoolyard and the market where his old man buys food exploded last week....Staring up the barrel of an M4 is the least of this kids problems....

This.

-Mike

pixellation of that sort happens all the time. low light on complex surfaces like skin, coupled with a limited color palette, and a fairly busy photograph.

i would say it is not photoshopped given that it is ridiculously hard to clean up the areas around wisps of hair when doctoring a shot.

you cannot see even one pixel remnant from the alleged old photograph the kid came from. everything in and around those wisps of hair is the background from that actual photo. the low quality of his face is better explained by motion blur. how long can you hold still peeping down the barrel of a loaded rifle?

What's up with the paracord wrapped around his optic?

Sorta like a lanyard for when the screws loosen up and it falls off, he won't lose it.

Exactly right... you don't want to be the one that lost a piece of "sensitive items" assigned to you! Night vision goggles fall in to the same category! Notice the lanyard on his Beretta as well.

It does look kinda funny.... esp the way the kid is squinting... "omg theres nothing in there!" [laugh]

-Mike

Especially since the Soldier has a back plastic cap covering the end of the muzzle / flash hider! These are readily avalable and keep the barrel MUCH cleaner, but they can be shot through if necessary...

It also looks like he doesn't use his front grip often; I think that the black strip on his magazine well is the pressure switch for his laser /IR light, so he must grip there with his support hand more frequently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom