interesting gun laws in texas

MALDENQB02

NES Member
So I am in Texas on business and before I went I checked to see if they accepted MA LTC as a valid license to carry. Of course they do, so naturally I check my firearm and here we go... after work a few colleagues and I went to a bowling ally after work. right before I enter i see a big sign that says "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED." right before I ignored it, i saw in small print that they quoted some state law and said something to the effect of fines punishable up to 10 years in jail! I was like WTF. so I was forced to put my pistol back in my car. I was googling around and found this. I found it pretty interesting and a but suprising....

http://www.txchia.org/txcarry.htm

you cant carry in a business where the majority of their sales come from booze..... wow

There are two business bans:

1. The >= 51% revenue from alcohol

2. Businesses posted in compliance with TX last 30.06. These signs are so arge (bi-lingual, 1" lettering, specific wording) that binding compliant signs are rare.

2. Businesses posted in compliance with TX last 30.06. These signs are so arge (bi-lingual, 1" lettering, specific wording) that binding compliant signs are rare.

I worked in Dallas for about a month back in the early 2000's. I had a discussion with a few business owners (mostly restaurants) who had signs posted with the 30.06 language. All bot 1 of them said that they purposely posted the sign to be "non compliant". They did so to make their landlords/insurance companies/ local "MOM's group" happy, but knew that law abiding gun owners knew the law and knew the signs were non binding.

on a side note, many were surprised how "good" Mass gun laws were. They assumes they were much worse and in disbelief that we didn't have a 51% law or that all signage was non binding

The most common sign you see is the one that says no unlicensed concealed carry or some such. It says 10K fines, etc. This is one that gets posted (maybe required) at bars that are not > 51% that ban all guns. Read the first one you see carefully to make sure if it is the 30.06 or this one. You can carry on the one I am talking about.

Back
Top Bottom