Inside the secret world of gun smugglers

Passage of a "One Gun a Month" law would just make these crimes harder to catch. You'd not see the multiple purchases. The ring leaders would just recruit more people and have each buy just one.

So, you'd have instead of one person buying 12 guns and getting $300, 8 or 10 people buying one gun and getting $40 or so.

Then again, maybe this is what Obama means by "Spreading the Wealth Around".

Passage of a "One Gun a Month" law would just make these crimes harder to catch. You'd not see the multiple purchases. The ring leaders would just recruit more people and have each buy just one.

So, you'd have instead of one person buying 12 guns and getting $300, 8 or 10 people buying one gun and getting $40 or so....
And instead of only one common street criminal for every 12 guns, there would be 8 or 10 common street criminals involved. It's not that "illegal" trafficking is really all that bad (i.e., I have no moral objection to people making an honest profit, even if their method is malum prohibitum illegal); the problem is that most normal people are not attracted to this type of business venture, so instead, common street criminals do it, in unusually high proportion.

The same thing happens in Big Government, BTW; there's an unusually high proportion of scum-of-the-earth in that "business" as well.

Trust me - I was born and brought up in NJ. If it wasn't for friends and family still sentenced to live there, I'd never go back.

Well... except maybe for a trip to the Jersey shore. I never have figured out the attraction of the Cape. [thinking]

I have a reason.
Down in Hyannis, Bro. Max Depaulo makes the best darned Churrasco I have ever had the pleasure of pigging out on. (His Restaurant is called The Brazilian Grill)

Besides, it is a shorter drive. And if you're so inclined, your LTC is still valid.

I have a reason.
Down in Hyannis, Bro. Max Depaulo makes the best darned Churrasco I have ever had the pleasure of pigging out on. (His Restaurant is called The Brazilian Grill)

Besides, it is a shorter drive. And if you're so inclined, your LTC is still valid.
Yeah, but the beaches suck. Rocky, muddy water, and cold. The Jersey shore is much better.

Hmm... maybe I will go back next summer. Been a long time since I set foot on Long Beach Island.

Yeah, but the beaches suck. Rocky, muddy water, and cold. The Jersey shore is much better.

I prefer the beaches on Martha's Vineyard. I'd much rather be here than the Jersey Shore. YMMV:

10395.jpg

Back
Top Bottom